Full Circle Podcast #6: Mark’s Space Brain from the Future
In this, Steam-powered episode, those English guys are going to annoy what’s left of the Audience.
News: 10.04 Lucid Lynx Release, Ubuntu Manual, Indicators, Windicators, Facebook Docs and patent hysteria.
Opinion: We review Lucid.
Games: Ed is Steam-powered all the way and Dave picks some RPG’s.
Feedback: I get defensive over the feedback.
And we have the feeds back for both MP3 and OGG:
RSS feed, MP3: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
RSS feed, OGG: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed/atom
The podcast is in MP3 and OGG formats. You can either play the podcast in-browser if you have Flash and/or Java, or you can download the podcast with the link underneath the player.
Show notes after the jump.
- Robin Catling (blog at http://catlingmindswipe.blogspot.com/)
- Ed Hewitt (blog at http://www.edhewitt.co.uk/)
- Dave Wilkins …is notoriously shy.
Additional audio by Victoria Pritchard
01.15 | WELCOME and INTRO
06.08 | NEWS
* Ubuntu 10.04 Released! (http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/download)
* Ubuntu Manual Released (http://ubuntu-manual.org/)
* Ubuntu’s Indicator Menus
*Preorder Ubuntu 10.04 ShipIt CDs
* Ubuntu 10.10 – Windicators!
* Facebook Docs powered by M$ Fuse Labs.
“Docs are similar to Microsoft’s Online Office Live product, with the ability to build Powerpoint, Excel and Word documents online” – not yet Google Docs but with M$ backing…?
(http://www.facebook.com/docs and http://docs.com/)
IBM ‘reneagues’ on FOSS Patent Pledge – story not discussed in podcast – further links and rant by Catling in blog post:
19.15 | REVIEW OF FULL CIRCLE MAGAZINE #36
22.32 | CONTRIBUTE!
…because Victoria asks so nicely!
23.05 | OPINION:
* Review of Ubuntu 10.04:
- Favourite Features?
- Hated Features?
- How did you upgrade?
- Buttons, Left or Right?
- Using Ubuntu One Music Store?
- Using Pitivi?
- GIMP or F-Spot?
- Will you recommend Ubuntu to more people, because of this new release?
- Is this the Best Release So Far?
* Side Note – System Requirements increased
38.45 | GAMING
* Steam coming to Linux!!! [Ed]
- Value hired a Linux Software Engineer
- Source engine coming to Linux
- Linux libs in Left 4 Dead
- Steam Mac Beta Installer has instructions for Linux OS
Osmo – Reviewing in Fcm 37
45.10 | RPGs [Dave]
53.50 | FEEDBACK
Listener link provided to: UFO: Alien Invasion
UFO:AI is a 3d turn based strategy game inspired by the X-Com series by Microprose. (C) [Windows, Mac OS, Linux] [GPL2]
Dave and Ed’s extra link – Wormux for Linux:
1:03.07 | OUTRO
Comments: on this page, using the comment form, OR;
Send us a comment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also send us a comment by recording an audio clip of no more than 30 seconds and sending it to the same address. Comments and audio may be edited for length. Please remember this is a family-friendly show.
Please note: this podcast is provided with absolutely no warranty whatsoever; neither the producers nor Full Circle Magazine accept any responsibility or liability for content or interaction which readers and listeners may enter into using external links gleaned from this forum or podcast series.
Creative Commons Music Tracks
- Opening: ‘Achilles’ by Kevin Macleod
- Main Theme: ‘Revolve’ by His Boy Elroy
- Incidental: ‘Dance Zone’ by Unknown
- Incidental: ‘On the Run’ by Unknown
- Trailer: ‘Dangerous’ by Kevin Macleod
- Incidental: ‘Iron Man’ by Unknown
Runtime: 1 hour 3 minutes 52 seconds