I know we’ve spoke about a mobile/epub version of Full Circle before, but I have good news! Our latest team member, Jens, is working on an epub edition of FCM which I previewed on our Facebook and Google+ pages. It’s looking good so far, and I hope to have more to show you on that next week some time.
In the mean time, think of Full Circle Magazine Lite as a quick beta test edition of FCM to read on tablets and mobile phones. The first edition (FCM#56) is available through Google Currents, and app that you can download either from the Android Market*, or the Apple App Store.
Don’t expect any images, the idea of this edition is to keep things to a bare minimum, fast to download, and something to keep your going until you get your PDF fix. If you think I should definitely put images in it, let me know. It’s something I may do, but I don’t want this to turn bloated and slow down your device.
All the articles from FCM#56 are there, minus My Desktop. I didn’t include it as without the images the text is pretty pointless! In future Lite editions I’ll maybe include some images, we’ll see how you folks respond to it. And please do respond, I need to know whether you folks like it or not. I don’t want to waste my time outputting an edition no one likes, or uses.
* PLEASE NOTE: Google Currents is available only in the US, as I write this, but using a bit of Google skills you might be able to find an APK of it that will work outside of the US [hint hint].
- Systemd Creator Says Linux Community Is Rotten, Points at Linus Torvalds as the Source
- Amazon Web Services Aims for More Open Source Involvement
- VirtualBox 4.3.18 Has Been Released With Lots Of Fixes
- KDE Plasma 5 Now Available for Ubuntu 14.10 (Utopic Unicorn)
- Canonical Details Plans for Unity 8 Integration in Ubuntu Desktop
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.