Full Circle Magazine is proud to announce our third issue.
- Xubuntu install step-by-step – Alternative Disc!
- How-To: Get a Stunning Ubuntu Desktop, Learning Scribus part 3 and Ubuntu in Photography.
- Review of Ubuntu on a Macbook.
- Preview of several new Compiz Fusion effects.
- Letters, Q&A, MyDesktop, MyPC, Top5 and more!
Get it while it’s hot!
English language only at the moment, but translations are on the way.
We really appreciate every article sent to Full Circle but please: before sending in your articles please take the time to read our Guidelines and our Style Guide as we are receiving more and more articles with terrible spelling and grammar and obviously not checked, this adds greatly to our workload and editing times.
We don’t expect perfection, several errors are to be expected but unfortunately, from now on, articles with large amounts of mistakes may have to be returned to the writer for corrections and this can mean your article may miss the deadline.
Ubuntu Forums have graciously given us a sub-forum on their site. This sub-forum is now our main forum and the current one will be closed. Just log in to Ubuntu Forums with your normal log in and scroll down to 3rd Party Projects and you’ll see a link to ‘Full Circle Magazine‘.
Many thanks to Ubuntu Forums for thinking us worthy of a forum, it really is much appreciated.
Full Circle – the Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
Issue #2 now available for download!
It contains :
* Kubuntu install step-by-step
* How-To : Install Ubuntu on Intel Mac Mini, Virtual Private Networking, Learning Scribus part 2 and Ubuntu for your Grandma!
* Review of System76 Darter Laptop
* Interview with GRAMPS developer
* Letters, Q&A, MyDesktop, MyPC, Top5 and more!
Communications Manager – MrMonday – has lined us up an interview with Colin Watson, Installer Team Leader, Ubuntu Community Council Member and Line Manager for half the Ubuntu distro team.
If you have any questions you’d like to ask Colin, please email your question(s) to: email@example.com
Closing date for questions will be Sunday 15th July.
For some info on Colin:
Colin’s Wiki page
Many people have been wanting to receive an email when a new issue of full circle is released. We now have a way to do that – simply register for an account on this news blog and we’ll email you when we release a new issue or have any important announcements. Thanks!
Well, Issue 1 is finally out! Click the link below to download. We only have the English version out, but more languages are coming soon.
This issue includes:
- Installing Ubuntu Feisty Fawn
- Howtos: Linux directory structure, MythTV, Scribus, and more
- Interview with Deluge BitTorrent Client developer
- News, reviews, and much more!
There will be a monthly – all welcome – meeting on Saturday 16th June @ 1700UTC in the #fullcirclemagazine IRC channel. If your not too savvy with an IRC client, click the WebIRC tab at the top of this page to have our IRC channel in your web browser.
Also; the deadline for issue #2 will be Sunday 17th June.
Issue #1 will now (hopefully) be released around Friday 8th June. Sorry for the delay in releasing issue #1, this is due to proof-reading a 40+ page issue taking a bit longer than expected.
Welcome to full circle Magazine, the Ubuntu community magazine!
Bookmark our RSS feed to keep up with the latest full circle news.
About Full Circle
Full Circle is an e-magazine run by the Ubuntu community that covers the world of Ubuntu, open source, and technology. Full Circle is community written and community run, so please consider contributing an article to the magazine.
Ubuntu is a community developed, linux-based operating system that is perfect for laptops, desktops and servers. Ubuntu’s aim is to make desktop Linux easy to use and available to everyone. Visit ubuntu.com for more information
- Ubuntu Shopping Lens (Scopes) Declared Legal in the UK and Most Likely in the European Union
- elementary OS Freya Beta Is Out, Still the Most Beautiful OS in the World
- Screenshot Tool Shutter 0.92 Ditches Ubuntu One Support
- Russian Ministry of Health to Replace Microsoft and Oracle Products with Linux and PostgreSQL
- GUN Linux: On the range with TrackingPoint’s new AR-15s
You can also read Full Circle online at: http://issuu.com/fullcirclemagazine
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.