Brian DeLacey, from O’Reilly Media, has written an excellent article about what’s new in Ubuntu 7.10 and has kindly given Full Circle a mention so head over to his article, have a read and give the man a Digg!
We are always in need of How-To articles for Full Circle. If you would like to contribute to the magazine by writing a How-To then the first thing to do is read through our guidelines.
Now that you’ve done that you need to get writing! Stuck for ideas? Well have a look at this piece on our Ubuntu wiki page which lists some ideas that have not been written about as yet.
So your article is written, now what? Well that’s easy; simply attach your article text, and any images, to an email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Easy as that!
There has been a slight change in our announcement system for updates and new issues. Because of our web host’s bulk mailing policy, we’ve changed our software. If you were previously subscribed, you will get a re-confirmation email from us. If you have already subscribed, there will be no change to your subscription unless you don’t reconfirm.
If you haven’t signed up yet, you can now with the form on the right side of this page.
Full Circle – the Ubuntu Community Magazine is proud to announce our fifth issue.
* Fluxbuntu – Step-by-step Install
* How-To : Report Bugs with LaunchPad, CoLoCo Edubuntu Presentation, >From VMware to VirtualBox and Learning Scribus Pt.5.
* Review of Bridge Construction Kit.
* Preview of Gusty Gibbon
* Letters, Q&A, My Desktop, My PC, Top 5, the new My Opinion column, and more!
Just a quick reminder that the monthly General Meeting will be taking place this Saturday (8th Sept.) at 1700 UTC in the #fullcirclemagazine channel, on the irc.freenode.net server.
Feel free to pop in, ask questions, give suggestions… even just feedback, we want to know what you, the readers, think.
Edit: The logs are up on the wiki!
- Ubuntu Shopping Lens (Scopes) Declared Legal in the UK and Most Likely in the European Union
- elementary OS Freya Beta Is Out, Still the Most Beautiful OS in the World
- Screenshot Tool Shutter 0.92 Ditches Ubuntu One Support
- Russian Ministry of Health to Replace Microsoft and Oracle Products with Linux and PostgreSQL
- GUN Linux: On the range with TrackingPoint’s new AR-15s
You can also read Full Circle online at: http://issuu.com/fullcirclemagazine
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.