There seems to be some comments saying how difficult it is to download an issue of Full Circle, I’d just like to clarify this:
- Click the Download tab at the top of the page
- Click the Issue you would like to download
- Click the language you would like to download.
Easy as that.
Full Circle #6 is out!
* Step-by-Step Ubuntu Feisty > Gutsy upgrade
* How-To : Run Photoshop plugins in GIMP, Set up Samba and Scribus pt.6.
* Top 5 – Racing Games.
* Interview with John Philips (Open Font Library).
* Letters, Q&A, MyDesktop and more!
Get it while it’s hot!
Oh, and remember, 5 more days until the podcast deadline!
Brian DeLacey, from O’Reilly Media, has written an excellent article about what’s new in Ubuntu 7.10 and has kindly given Full Circle a mention so head over to his article, have a read and give the man a Digg!
We are always in need of How-To articles for Full Circle. If you would like to contribute to the magazine by writing a How-To then the first thing to do is read through our guidelines.
Now that you’ve done that you need to get writing! Stuck for ideas? Well have a look at this piece on our Ubuntu wiki page which lists some ideas that have not been written about as yet.
So your article is written, now what? Well that’s easy; simply attach your article text, and any images, to an email addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Easy as that!
There has been a slight change in our announcement system for updates and new issues. Because of our web host’s bulk mailing policy, we’ve changed our software. If you were previously subscribed, you will get a re-confirmation email from us. If you have already subscribed, there will be no change to your subscription unless you don’t reconfirm.
If you haven’t signed up yet, you can now with the form on the right side of this page.
Full Circle – the Ubuntu Community Magazine is proud to announce our fifth issue.
* Fluxbuntu – Step-by-step Install
* How-To : Report Bugs with LaunchPad, CoLoCo Edubuntu Presentation, >From VMware to VirtualBox and Learning Scribus Pt.5.
* Review of Bridge Construction Kit.
* Preview of Gusty Gibbon
* Letters, Q&A, My Desktop, My PC, Top 5, the new My Opinion column, and more!
- Systemd Creator Says Linux Community Is Rotten, Points at Linus Torvalds as the Source
- Amazon Web Services Aims for More Open Source Involvement
- VirtualBox 4.3.18 Has Been Released With Lots Of Fixes
- KDE Plasma 5 Now Available for Ubuntu 14.10 (Utopic Unicorn)
- Canonical Details Plans for Unity 8 Integration in Ubuntu Desktop
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.