Full Circle #6 is out!
* Step-by-Step Ubuntu Feisty > Gutsy upgrade
* How-To : Run Photoshop plugins in GIMP, Set up Samba and Scribus pt.6.
* Top 5 – Racing Games.
* Interview with John Philips (Open Font Library).
* Letters, Q&A, MyDesktop and more!
Get it while it’s hot!
Oh, and remember, 5 more days until the podcast deadline!
Brian DeLacey, from O’Reilly Media, has written an excellent article about what’s new in Ubuntu 7.10 and has kindly given Full Circle a mention so head over to his article, have a read and give the man a Digg!
We are always in need of How-To articles for Full Circle. If you would like to contribute to the magazine by writing a How-To then the first thing to do is read through our guidelines.
Now that you’ve done that you need to get writing! Stuck for ideas? Well have a look at this piece on our Ubuntu wiki page which lists some ideas that have not been written about as yet.
So your article is written, now what? Well that’s easy; simply attach your article text, and any images, to an email addressed to: email@example.com
Easy as that!
There has been a slight change in our announcement system for updates and new issues. Because of our web host’s bulk mailing policy, we’ve changed our software. If you were previously subscribed, you will get a re-confirmation email from us. If you have already subscribed, there will be no change to your subscription unless you don’t reconfirm.
If you haven’t signed up yet, you can now with the form on the right side of this page.
Full Circle – the Ubuntu Community Magazine is proud to announce our fifth issue.
* Fluxbuntu – Step-by-step Install
* How-To : Report Bugs with LaunchPad, CoLoCo Edubuntu Presentation, >From VMware to VirtualBox and Learning Scribus Pt.5.
* Review of Bridge Construction Kit.
* Preview of Gusty Gibbon
* Letters, Q&A, My Desktop, My PC, Top 5, the new My Opinion column, and more!
- Stephen Hawking Talks About the Linux-Based Intel Connected Wheelchair Project
- Mozilla Thunderbird 31.1.1 Lands in Ubuntu
- Curl Exploits Closed in All Supported Ubuntu OSes
- Everything You Need to Know About Meizu MX4, the Upcoming Ubuntu Phone – Gallery
- Torvalds says he has no strong opinions on systemd
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.