Hello everyone! After a quite refreshing break, I am ready to get FCP back into the swing of things.
Firstly, on Sunday at 0100UTC, we will be having our Podcast IRC meeting in #fullcirclemagazine on irc.freenode.net. Feel free to use the FCM WebIRC if you aren’t at a real client. It is crucial that anyone who is part of the podcast must attend this meeting. The agenda can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuMagazine/FullCirclePodcast/MeetingAgenda.
We are also looking for new co-hosts for the show. Please refer to the ad placed in my Sound Bites column in FCM #9 for more details. If you are interested, you must attend the meeting.
Also, with some help from Justin Gerace and James Savage, the new Penguin Central Podcast is mostly up and running. You can check it out at http://penguincentral.unixpod.com. The site is syndicated at Planet Ubuntu-Au and the link is at my website.
Gxis la revido amikojn!
It’s that special time again!
Full Circle Magazine – Issue 9 is out!
This month, we have:
- OpenGEU – A step-by-step install from OpenGEU creator Luca De Marini.
- How-tos: Directory Server, Ubuntu on an iBook, Installing OpenTTD (Transport Tycoon Deluxe), and part one of the new “Create Your Own Server” series.
- Review of the KDE 4.0 release
- Letters, the Q&A, My Desktop, the Ubuntu Women column, the Top 5, and much, much more!
Get it while it’s hot!
Unfortunately we’ve had to postpone releasing Full Circle Podcast (FCP) #1.
Using Skype (rather than Gizmo) with conference call record software Matthew was joined by James Savage (aka: catfacts) for a recording session to create FCP#1. Unfortunately the audio didn’t turn out as well as we had expected and rather than release a substandard podcast we have decided to hold back until Matthew returns from holiday then release FCP#1 in mid-February.
Matt: James’ line had it’s fair share of static on it.
Matthew is also looking for a regular co-host. If you are free for an hour or so at roughly midnight UTC on Sundays drop Matthew an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do apologise about delaying the podcast, but we want to make sure you get the best possible sound and content.
Full Circle developers are currently working on our ‘dream app‘ involving eGroupWare, but we need more developers. Are you good with:
PHP / CSS / JS > AJAX / XML-PRC
If you’d like to help out please contact our Lead Developer (Ttech) at: http://dev.fullcirclemagazine.org/contact-us/
Full Circle – The Independent Ubuntu Community Magazine is proud to
announce the release of issue eight.
* Mythbuntu – Step-by-step Install
* How-To : Install Wubi, Get a Christmas Desktop, Multi Boot Linux and Learning Scribus Pt.8.
* Review of TomBoy.
* New Column for Ubuntu Women
* Letters, Q&A, My Desktop, Top 5 and more!
Get it while it’s hot!
I am inviting you to send us letters to be read out on the show. It can be an Ubuntu question, or an opinion about something Ubuntu. Send your emails to email@example.com.
Chances are that your email will be read on the show!
It’s that time again – another new issue!
Issue #7 has :
* Step-by-Step Ubuntu Studio install
* How-To : Simple SSH Install, A Terminal on your Desktop, Easily Convert from Windows and Learning Scribus pt.7.
* Review : Wubi Installer
* Top 5 – Audio/Video Apps.
* Interview with the Howard County Library.
* News, Letters, Q&A, MyDesktop and more!
Get it while it’s hot!
We’ve created a Google Calendar with upcoming Full Circle-related events (and a few Ubuntu-related ones, too). You can hop on over to http://www.fullcirclemagzine.org/calendar to take a look or add us if you have a Google account. All times will be in UTC, so you will need to add/take hours as necessary.
- Ubuntu Touch Music App Is Proof That Total Ubuntu Convergence Is Getting Closer – Gallery
- Canonical Drops Ubuntu 14.10 Dedicated Images for Apple Hardware
- Dropbox 2.11.34 Experimental Features a Rewritten UI for Linux Client
- Mozilla Releases ‘Firefox Developer Edition’ for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Ubuntu Online Summit for Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet)
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.