Unfortunately we’ve had to postpone releasing Full Circle Podcast (FCP) #1.
Using Skype (rather than Gizmo) with conference call record software Matthew was joined by James Savage (aka: catfacts) for a recording session to create FCP#1. Unfortunately the audio didn’t turn out as well as we had expected and rather than release a substandard podcast we have decided to hold back until Matthew returns from holiday then release FCP#1 in mid-February.
Matt: James’ line had it’s fair share of static on it.
Matthew is also looking for a regular co-host. If you are free for an hour or so at roughly midnight UTC on Sundays drop Matthew an email at: email@example.com.
We do apologise about delaying the podcast, but we want to make sure you get the best possible sound and content.
Full Circle developers are currently working on our ‘dream app‘ involving eGroupWare, but we need more developers. Are you good with:
PHP / CSS / JS > AJAX / XML-PRC
If you’d like to help out please contact our Lead Developer (Ttech) at: http://dev.fullcirclemagazine.org/contact-us/
Full Circle – The Independent Ubuntu Community Magazine is proud to
announce the release of issue eight.
* Mythbuntu – Step-by-step Install
* How-To : Install Wubi, Get a Christmas Desktop, Multi Boot Linux and Learning Scribus Pt.8.
* Review of TomBoy.
* New Column for Ubuntu Women
* Letters, Q&A, My Desktop, Top 5 and more!
Get it while it’s hot!
Full Circle Podcast – Episode 0
The podcast is in MP3 and OGG formats. You can either play the podcast in-browser if you have Flash and/or Java, or you can download the podcast with the link underneath the player.
- Matthew Rossi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Brady Merriweather
- Bryan Ford
- Cheap Laptops Bad for Vista, Good for Linux (source)
- Can we not afford to give our kids Linux? (source)
- Email from Greg (source)
- Email from Aurelia from Linspire, regarding Click ‘n’ Run (source)
Creative Commons Music:
- “When Waves try to Catch a Marvel” – Antony Raijekov
- “Uneducated Guess” – 3rd Man
File Size: 20 MB
Run Time: 45 minutes
Set your feed reader or media application to subscribe to the Podcast RSS Feed!
I am inviting you to send us letters to be read out on the show. It can be an Ubuntu question, or an opinion about something Ubuntu. Send your emails to email@example.com.
Chances are that your email will be read on the show!
It’s that time again – another new issue!
Issue #7 has :
* Step-by-Step Ubuntu Studio install
* How-To : Simple SSH Install, A Terminal on your Desktop, Easily Convert from Windows and Learning Scribus pt.7.
* Review : Wubi Installer
* Top 5 – Audio/Video Apps.
* Interview with the Howard County Library.
* News, Letters, Q&A, MyDesktop and more!
Get it while it’s hot!
We’ve created a Google Calendar with upcoming Full Circle-related events (and a few Ubuntu-related ones, too). You can hop on over to http://www.fullcirclemagzine.org/calendar to take a look or add us if you have a Google account. All times will be in UTC, so you will need to add/take hours as necessary.
Saluton Amikojn! (Esperanto for Hello Friends!)
In order to encourage discussion on the topics, and to keep me company whilst recording, I am looking for a group of co-hosts for our panel. Podcasting experience isn’t necessary (although it is helpful), but if you have a passion for *buntu topics, are a positive and opinionated person, then we want your application!
Email your applications to podcast [AT] fullcirclemagazine.org. We can’t wait to have you on the show!
PS: Podcast related topics will be discussed at the next General Meeting. If you are interested, please attend if you can. I’m sure that Ron would like some company
EDIT: Hi guys. We have plenty of applications at the present time. I have responded to those who have sent emails, and some of those guys will be on Episode 10 of The Penguin Central Podcast. Thank you for your quick response!
- PLUMgrid Virtual Network Infrastructure Achieves Certification for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform
- IBM: Now Is The Time For KVM
- Linux is about to take over the desktop but not like you think it will
- iSchool, Marist, Linux Foundation, IBM Presenting MOOC Series on Enterprise Computing
- AMD demos next-gen x86 server APU running Fedora Linux
You can also read Full Circle online at: http://issuu.com/fullcirclemagazine
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.