So here’s the plan:
- I post Ronnie’s idea and take all the credit for it
- You guys come up with a selection of free and open source online games that we could play.
- After a week or so, or after we have enough ideas, I’ll post again (on our forum) with a poll so we can vote for a game.
- Once we have decided on a game, we’ll find a
victimkind person to host a Full Circle tournament, then come up with some rules.
- We’ll set up a leaderboard, and we can compete for the title of “Full Circle Gamer of the Month” (or a better title if you can come up with one).
- The person that is leading at the time of the magazines release will be crowned with the monthly title we decide on.
- At the end of the year, the person that has won the most months will get “Full Circle Gamer of the Year”!
We may also rotate the game each month, or every couple of months, depending on how it goes. If we do this we’ll create a new poll so a new Game can be decided on.
Let the games BEGIN!
Hello everybody. We’ll be having a podcast IRC meeting on Good Friday 10am AEDST (11:00:00 p.m. Thursday March 20, 2008) in #fullcirclemagazine on irc.freenode.net. Recommended IRC clients include mIRC for windows, Colloquy for mac, xchat-gnome for linux and irssi for connecting using a terminal/ssh. Meeting agenda can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuMagazine/FullCirclePodcast/MeetingAgenda. Feel free to add points for discussion into the agenda. See you there!
Can you believe it? We’re already at our tenth issue! Thanks to all of our staff and contributors out there!
- Linux Mint Install.
- How-To : Compile from Source, Install and use TuxPaint, Rip a DVD with AcidRip and Create Your Own Server Part 2.
- Review of the ASUS EEE PC running Xubuntu.
- Letters, Q&A, My Desktop, Top 5 and more!
Get it while it’s hot!
Hello everyone! After a quite refreshing break, I am ready to get FCP back into the swing of things.
Firstly, on Sunday at 0100UTC, we will be having our Podcast IRC meeting in #fullcirclemagazine on irc.freenode.net. Feel free to use the FCM WebIRC if you aren’t at a real client. It is crucial that anyone who is part of the podcast must attend this meeting. The agenda can be found at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuMagazine/FullCirclePodcast/MeetingAgenda.
We are also looking for new co-hosts for the show. Please refer to the ad placed in my Sound Bites column in FCM #9 for more details. If you are interested, you must attend the meeting.
Also, with some help from Justin Gerace and James Savage, the new Penguin Central Podcast is mostly up and running. You can check it out at http://penguincentral.unixpod.com. The site is syndicated at Planet Ubuntu-Au and the link is at my website.
Gxis la revido amikojn!
It’s that special time again!
Full Circle Magazine – Issue 9 is out!
This month, we have:
- OpenGEU – A step-by-step install from OpenGEU creator Luca De Marini.
- How-tos: Directory Server, Ubuntu on an iBook, Installing OpenTTD (Transport Tycoon Deluxe), and part one of the new “Create Your Own Server” series.
- Review of the KDE 4.0 release
- Letters, the Q&A, My Desktop, the Ubuntu Women column, the Top 5, and much, much more!
Get it while it’s hot!
Unfortunately we’ve had to postpone releasing Full Circle Podcast (FCP) #1.
Using Skype (rather than Gizmo) with conference call record software Matthew was joined by James Savage (aka: catfacts) for a recording session to create FCP#1. Unfortunately the audio didn’t turn out as well as we had expected and rather than release a substandard podcast we have decided to hold back until Matthew returns from holiday then release FCP#1 in mid-February.
Matt: James’ line had it’s fair share of static on it.
Matthew is also looking for a regular co-host. If you are free for an hour or so at roughly midnight UTC on Sundays drop Matthew an email at: email@example.com.
We do apologise about delaying the podcast, but we want to make sure you get the best possible sound and content.
Full Circle developers are currently working on our ‘dream app‘ involving eGroupWare, but we need more developers. Are you good with:
PHP / CSS / JS > AJAX / XML-PRC
If you’d like to help out please contact our Lead Developer (Ttech) at: http://dev.fullcirclemagazine.org/contact-us/
Full Circle – The Independent Ubuntu Community Magazine is proud to
announce the release of issue eight.
* Mythbuntu – Step-by-step Install
* How-To : Install Wubi, Get a Christmas Desktop, Multi Boot Linux and Learning Scribus Pt.8.
* Review of TomBoy.
* New Column for Ubuntu Women
* Letters, Q&A, My Desktop, Top 5 and more!
Get it while it’s hot!
I am inviting you to send us letters to be read out on the show. It can be an Ubuntu question, or an opinion about something Ubuntu. Send your emails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chances are that your email will be read on the show!
You can also read Full Circle online at: http://issuu.com/fullcirclemagazine
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.