This month, we’re introducing a new series: Programming in C.
* Command and Conquer – Nano & Vim.
* How-To : Program in C – Part 1, Connect to IRC, Using GIMP – Part 6 and Scan & Convert to PDF.
* My Story – …When I Was Two
* My Opinion – Is This The Year?
* MOTU Interview – Harald Sitter
* Top 5 – Email Notifiers
Go and grab it from the downloads page!
Sorry, small typo in the Create Your Own Ubuntu article. The repository listed as:
deb http://www.remastersys.klikit-linux.com/repository/ remastersys/
should actually be:
deb http://www.remastersys.klikit-linux.com/repository remastersys/
- Command and Conquer – Creating And Moving Files.
- How-To: Create Your Own Ubuntu, Create Your Own Server Part 8, Using GIMP Part 5 and GNOME-Look Guide.
- My Story – Out With The New, In With The Old
- My Opinion – GNOME And KDE Themes
- MOTU Interview – Jamie Strandboge
- Top 5 – Twitter Clients
It’s that time of month again!
- Command and Conquer - The Ins and Outs of Directories
- How-To: Create a Separate Home Partition, Create Your Own Server (Part 7), Using GIMP (Part 4), and GRUB 101.
- My Story - Ubuntu Saves the Day and From Mickey’s ABCs to Kubuntu
- Review - HP Photosmart C3180 Printer
- MOTU Interview - Mathais Gug
- Our usual letters, Q & A, My Desktop, and much more!
Correction: On page 32, the boot option aspci=force should actually be acpi=force. Sorry for any problems!
This month, we’re proud to introduce a new column, Command and Conquer. We’ll be taking a look at the command line and hopefully how to make it a little less scary for you.
- How-To : Create an Ubuntu Plug ‘n’ Play Zone, Create Your Own Server Part 6, Using GIMP Part 3 and Put Photos on your iPod.
- Command and Conquer – Man pages, and what not to type.
- My Opinion – Excited About Ubuntu in South East India
- MOTU Interview – Soren Hansen
- Our usual: Letters, Q & A, My Desktop, Top 5, and more!
Many thanks and kudos to Robin Catling who put together this Full Circle Magazine HTML preview.
The HTML edition should work in all major browsers (Firefox/Gecko-based, Konqueror/WebKit-based) and will most likely work in IE7, but we aren’t making any guarantees.
The preview is of Issue 12, so come take a look!
Lucky number 13! Issue 13 is out now.
- Flavor of the Month – Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron.
- How-To : Organize an Ubuntu Demo Day/Party, TV Feast for Ubuntu, Using GIMP Part 2, Create Your Own Server Part 5 and Automatic Backup via Email.
- My Opinion – What is Web 2.0?
- MOTU Interview – Luca Falavigna
- Letters, Q&A, MyDesktop, Top5 and more!
Unfortunately, due to real life intervention, Matthew no longer has the time to devote to the Full Circle Podcast, so the podcast is now discontinued.
Things continue on, as ever, with the magazine and #13 is going through it’s second round of proof-reading, for release on Friday 30th May.
Also, Rob will be changing the look of the site soon with a nice, uncluttered, white theme.
We wish Matthew all the best with his real-life stuff.
As I always like to say: ‘real-life… it’s highly over-rated’
Can you believe it? It’s already been a year since the release of issue #1. It seems so long ago, doesn’t it? In this issue, we have lots in store for you!
- Flavor of the Year – How Ubuntu and Kubuntu have matured in twelve months.
- How-To – Creating & Distributing Deb files, Ubuntu Disk Usage, Backup with Partimage, Using GIMP Part 1 and Create Your Own Server Part 4
- Review of Wiki on a Stick.
- Letters, Q & A, My Desktop, Top 5, and more!
- …plus, a a bit on the history of Full Circle.
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.