That’s right, we’ve made it to the twentieth issue of Full Circle! It’s great to have been around this long and to have helped the Ubuntu community for so long. Here’s hoping that we get to Issue 40.
This month, we’ve got some nice stuff as well as a new series in store for you:
* Command and Conquer – The Daunting Terminal.
* How-To : Program in C – Part 4, Web Development – Part 1, Backup & Sync Your Music.
* My Story – Making Money With FOSS
* Book Review – Ubuntu Kung Fu
* My Opinion – Italy Speaks OSS
* MOTU Interview – Andrea Colangelo
* Top 5 – Backup Solutions
P.S – It’d be great if you could take our reader survey! Let us know what you think of Full Circle so far and tell us what you’d like to see for the future!
We’re almost to #20! Also, this month, we’re starting a new feature – Ubuntu Games.
* Command and Conquer – Lost and Found.
* How-To : Program in C – Part 3, Make a WiFi Access Point,
Using GIMP – Part 8 and Create Mobile Multimedia.
* My Story – Ubuntu John
* Book Review – Beginning Ubuntu Linux 3rd Ed.
* MOTU Interview – Emilio Monfort
* Top 5 – Virtualization Tools
* NEW FEATURE! Ubuntu Games – Open Arena
Not only is FCM#18 our 100th file hosted on this server, but we’ve now had over ONE MILLION downloads of FCM! The one million figure includes all issues and all translations. And the total downloads figure is still rising…
Sorry about the delay!
* Command and Conquer – Package Management.
* How-To : Program in C – Part 2, Secure Network Drive
Using GIMP – Part 7 and Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex.
* My Story – Ubuntu And Me
* Review – Urban Terror
* My Opinion – How Many Distros Is Too Many?
* MOTU Interview – Stephan Hermann
* Top 5 – Mind Mapping Applications
This month, we’re introducing a new series: Programming in C.
* Command and Conquer – Nano & Vim.
* How-To : Program in C – Part 1, Connect to IRC, Using GIMP – Part 6 and Scan & Convert to PDF.
* My Story – …When I Was Two
* My Opinion – Is This The Year?
* MOTU Interview – Harald Sitter
* Top 5 – Email Notifiers
Go and grab it from the downloads page!
Sorry, small typo in the Create Your Own Ubuntu article. The repository listed as:
deb http://www.remastersys.klikit-linux.com/repository/ remastersys/
should actually be:
deb http://www.remastersys.klikit-linux.com/repository remastersys/
- Command and Conquer – Creating And Moving Files.
- How-To: Create Your Own Ubuntu, Create Your Own Server Part 8, Using GIMP Part 5 and GNOME-Look Guide.
- My Story – Out With The New, In With The Old
- My Opinion – GNOME And KDE Themes
- MOTU Interview – Jamie Strandboge
- Top 5 – Twitter Clients
It’s that time of month again!
- Command and Conquer - The Ins and Outs of Directories
- How-To: Create a Separate Home Partition, Create Your Own Server (Part 7), Using GIMP (Part 4), and GRUB 101.
- My Story - Ubuntu Saves the Day and From Mickey’s ABCs to Kubuntu
- Review - HP Photosmart C3180 Printer
- MOTU Interview - Mathais Gug
- Our usual letters, Q & A, My Desktop, and much more!
Correction: On page 32, the boot option aspci=force should actually be acpi=force. Sorry for any problems!
This month, we’re proud to introduce a new column, Command and Conquer. We’ll be taking a look at the command line and hopefully how to make it a little less scary for you.
- How-To : Create an Ubuntu Plug ‘n’ Play Zone, Create Your Own Server Part 6, Using GIMP Part 3 and Put Photos on your iPod.
- Command and Conquer – Man pages, and what not to type.
- My Opinion – Excited About Ubuntu in South East India
- MOTU Interview – Soren Hansen
- Our usual: Letters, Q & A, My Desktop, Top 5, and more!
You can also read Full Circle online at: http://issuu.com/fullcirclemagazine
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.