This month, we’ve got some awesome stuff coming your way, including a copy of Beginning OpenOffice 3 up for grabs by one of you!
Stuff this month:
- Command and Conquer – Shell History.
- How To: Test Drive VirtualBox, Increase Game Speed In X, and Inkscape – Part 2.
- My Story – Why I Converted To Linux.
- My Opinion – First Experiences With Kubuntu
- Book Review – Beginning OpenOffice 3, one copy up for grabs!
- MOTU Interview – Guillaume Martres
- Top 5 – Games You’ve Never Heard Of.
- PLUS: all the usual goodness!
Get it now on the downloads page!
Apologies to everyone looking for a #24 announcement; I just found out about six hours ago that our host failed to send the announcement because of a server error. Yeah, that’s what I get for not checking my email for about half a week.
Anyways, I’ve sent out a copy of the usual mailing list announcement to all of you subscribed readers–just about a week late. Sorry!
–your friendly FCM site admin
Thank you to all the people who are voting for us on Digg, but we need more votes. Within 24hrs, we’ve had nearly 2,000 downloads, but less than fifty Diggs, that means only one in forty is voting. It’s even less on Reddit and SlashDot! As I write this, Robert is in tears and threatening to do evil things to kittens and puppies.
The more votes we get on Digg/Reddit/Slashdot, the more exposure we can get for Full Circle magazine. The more exposure we get, the more new readers, and possibly converts, we get. So come on people, vote! VOTE!
So, no excuses, here’s the links:
Full Circle magazine – issue 24 : the uber-issue
Full Circle - the independent magazine for the Ubuntu Linux community are proud to announce the release of our twenty-fourth issue. This month: It's our birthday! ... and a redesign! *gasp!* * Command and Conquer - Cron. * How-To : Program in C - Part 8, Create a MAME Machine, and Spreading Ubuntu - Part 3 and Inkscape - Part 1. * My Story - Great-grandma Goes Shopping and Chinese Translations * Book Review - Ubuntu Unleashed, three copies up for grabs! * MOTU Interview - James Westby * Top 10 - Best of Top5, 2007-'09 * PLUS: all the usual goodness, doubled! http://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-24
We’ve got a whole lot of Full Circle goodness for you in this issue! Plus, one more month to our two year anniversary! Can you believe it?
* Command and Conquer – Troubleshooting.
* How-To : Program in C – Part 7, Web Development – Part 4, and Spreading Ubuntu – Part 2.
* My Story – Becoming An Ubuntu User
* Book Review – How To Be A Geek Goddess
* MOTU Interview – Steve Stalcup
* Top 5 – Task Managers
* PLUS: all the usual goodness…
We’ve got a little surprise in store for you next month, too.
Another month gone by, so you know what that means! Another issue of FCM. This month, we have:
- Command and Conquer – Resizing Images With FFMPEG.
- How-To : Program in C – Part 6, Web Development – Part 3,
- Installing CrunchEEE To The EEE PC, and Spreading Ubuntu.
- My Story – Making The Switch
- Book Review – Ubuntu For Non-Geeks 3rd Edition
- MOTU Interview – Emanuele Gentili
- Top 5 – DVD Rippers
- PLUS: all the usual goodness…
Grab it on the download page!
That’s right folks, FCM#21 is finally here!
* Command and Conquer – Formatting Output. (shell script can be downloaded from this page)
* How-To : Program in C – Part 5, Web Development – Part 2, Changing Video Aspect Ratios & Ubuntu ISO to Bootable USB.
* My Story – Creative Zen V Plus in Ubuntu
* Game Review – Tribal Trouble 2
* My Opinion – Missed Opportunity
* MOTU Interview – Nicolas Valcarcel
* Top 5 – Torrent Tools
* PLUS – FCM#20 Survey Results
Get it while it’s hot!
That’s right, we’ve made it to the twentieth issue of Full Circle! It’s great to have been around this long and to have helped the Ubuntu community for so long. Here’s hoping that we get to Issue 40.
This month, we’ve got some nice stuff as well as a new series in store for you:
* Command and Conquer – The Daunting Terminal.
* How-To : Program in C – Part 4, Web Development – Part 1, Backup & Sync Your Music.
* My Story – Making Money With FOSS
* Book Review – Ubuntu Kung Fu
* My Opinion – Italy Speaks OSS
* MOTU Interview – Andrea Colangelo
* Top 5 – Backup Solutions
P.S – It’d be great if you could take our reader survey! Let us know what you think of Full Circle so far and tell us what you’d like to see for the future!
We’re almost to #20! Also, this month, we’re starting a new feature – Ubuntu Games.
* Command and Conquer – Lost and Found.
* How-To : Program in C – Part 3, Make a WiFi Access Point,
Using GIMP – Part 8 and Create Mobile Multimedia.
* My Story – Ubuntu John
* Book Review – Beginning Ubuntu Linux 3rd Ed.
* MOTU Interview – Emilio Monfort
* Top 5 – Virtualization Tools
* NEW FEATURE! Ubuntu Games – Open Arena
- PLUMgrid Virtual Network Infrastructure Achieves Certification for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform
- IBM: Now Is The Time For KVM
- Linux is about to take over the desktop but not like you think it will
- iSchool, Marist, Linux Foundation, IBM Presenting MOOC Series on Enterprise Computing
- AMD demos next-gen x86 server APU running Fedora Linux
You can also read Full Circle online at: http://issuu.com/fullcirclemagazine
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.