Full Circle – The Independent Ubuntu Community Magazine is proud to
announce the release of issue eight.
* Mythbuntu – Step-by-step Install
* How-To : Install Wubi, Get a Christmas Desktop, Multi Boot Linux and Learning Scribus Pt.8.
* Review of TomBoy.
* New Column for Ubuntu Women
* Letters, Q&A, My Desktop, Top 5 and more!
Get it while it’s hot!
We’ve created a Google Calendar with upcoming Full Circle-related events (and a few Ubuntu-related ones, too). You can hop on over to http://www.fullcirclemagzine.org/calendar to take a look or add us if you have a Google account. All times will be in UTC, so you will need to add/take hours as necessary.
Saluton Amikojn! (Esperanto for Hello Friends!)
In order to encourage discussion on the topics, and to keep me company whilst recording, I am looking for a group of co-hosts for our panel. Podcasting experience isn’t necessary (although it is helpful), but if you have a passion for *buntu topics, are a positive and opinionated person, then we want your application!
Email your applications to podcast [AT] fullcirclemagazine.org. We can’t wait to have you on the show!
PS: Podcast related topics will be discussed at the next General Meeting. If you are interested, please attend if you can. I’m sure that Ron would like some company
EDIT: Hi guys. We have plenty of applications at the present time. I have responded to those who have sent emails, and some of those guys will be on Episode 10 of The Penguin Central Podcast. Thank you for your quick response!
There seems to be some comments saying how difficult it is to download an issue of Full Circle, I’d just like to clarify this:
- Click the Download tab at the top of the page
- Click the Issue you would like to download
- Click the language you would like to download.
Easy as that.
Brian DeLacey, from O’Reilly Media, has written an excellent article about what’s new in Ubuntu 7.10 and has kindly given Full Circle a mention so head over to his article, have a read and give the man a Digg!
There has been a slight change in our announcement system for updates and new issues. Because of our web host’s bulk mailing policy, we’ve changed our software. If you were previously subscribed, you will get a re-confirmation email from us. If you have already subscribed, there will be no change to your subscription unless you don’t reconfirm.
If you haven’t signed up yet, you can now with the form on the right side of this page.
- Ubuntu Shopping Lens (Scopes) Declared Legal in the UK and Most Likely in the European Union
- elementary OS Freya Beta Is Out, Still the Most Beautiful OS in the World
- Screenshot Tool Shutter 0.92 Ditches Ubuntu One Support
- Russian Ministry of Health to Replace Microsoft and Oracle Products with Linux and PostgreSQL
- GUN Linux: On the range with TrackingPoint’s new AR-15s
You can also read Full Circle online at: http://issuu.com/fullcirclemagazine
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.