That’s right, we’ve made it to the twentieth issue of Full Circle! It’s great to have been around this long and to have helped the Ubuntu community for so long. Here’s hoping that we get to Issue 40.
This month, we’ve got some nice stuff as well as a new series in store for you:
* Command and Conquer – The Daunting Terminal.
* How-To : Program in C – Part 4, Web Development – Part 1, Backup & Sync Your Music.
* My Story – Making Money With FOSS
* Book Review – Ubuntu Kung Fu
* My Opinion – Italy Speaks OSS
* MOTU Interview – Andrea Colangelo
* Top 5 – Backup Solutions
P.S – It’d be great if you could take our reader survey! Let us know what you think of Full Circle so far and tell us what you’d like to see for the future!
We’re almost to #20! Also, this month, we’re starting a new feature – Ubuntu Games.
* Command and Conquer – Lost and Found.
* How-To : Program in C – Part 3, Make a WiFi Access Point,
Using GIMP – Part 8 and Create Mobile Multimedia.
* My Story – Ubuntu John
* Book Review – Beginning Ubuntu Linux 3rd Ed.
* MOTU Interview – Emilio Monfort
* Top 5 – Virtualization Tools
* NEW FEATURE! Ubuntu Games – Open Arena
Not only is FCM#18 our 100th file hosted on this server, but we’ve now had over ONE MILLION downloads of FCM! The one million figure includes all issues and all translations. And the total downloads figure is still rising…
This month, we’re introducing a new series: Programming in C.
* Command and Conquer – Nano & Vim.
* How-To : Program in C – Part 1, Connect to IRC, Using GIMP – Part 6 and Scan & Convert to PDF.
* My Story – …When I Was Two
* My Opinion – Is This The Year?
* MOTU Interview – Harald Sitter
* Top 5 – Email Notifiers
Go and grab it from the downloads page!
It’s that time of month again!
- Command and Conquer - The Ins and Outs of Directories
- How-To: Create a Separate Home Partition, Create Your Own Server (Part 7), Using GIMP (Part 4), and GRUB 101.
- My Story - Ubuntu Saves the Day and From Mickey’s ABCs to Kubuntu
- Review - HP Photosmart C3180 Printer
- MOTU Interview - Mathais Gug
- Our usual letters, Q & A, My Desktop, and much more!
Correction: On page 32, the boot option aspci=force should actually be acpi=force. Sorry for any problems!
This month, we’re proud to introduce a new column, Command and Conquer. We’ll be taking a look at the command line and hopefully how to make it a little less scary for you.
- How-To : Create an Ubuntu Plug ‘n’ Play Zone, Create Your Own Server Part 6, Using GIMP Part 3 and Put Photos on your iPod.
- Command and Conquer – Man pages, and what not to type.
- My Opinion – Excited About Ubuntu in South East India
- MOTU Interview – Soren Hansen
- Our usual: Letters, Q & A, My Desktop, Top 5, and more!
Unfortunately, due to real life intervention, Matthew no longer has the time to devote to the Full Circle Podcast, so the podcast is now discontinued.
Things continue on, as ever, with the magazine and #13 is going through it’s second round of proof-reading, for release on Friday 30th May.
Also, Rob will be changing the look of the site soon with a nice, uncluttered, white theme.
We wish Matthew all the best with his real-life stuff.
As I always like to say: ‘real-life… it’s highly over-rated’
Can you believe it? It’s already been a year since the release of issue #1. It seems so long ago, doesn’t it? In this issue, we have lots in store for you!
- Flavor of the Year – How Ubuntu and Kubuntu have matured in twelve months.
- How-To – Creating & Distributing Deb files, Ubuntu Disk Usage, Backup with Partimage, Using GIMP Part 1 and Create Your Own Server Part 4
- Review of Wiki on a Stick.
- Letters, Q & A, My Desktop, Top 5, and more!
- …plus, a a bit on the history of Full Circle.
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.