Full Circle fills four of the ten spots in the Software Centre’s top downloads for November 2011.
Thank you all!
From Rikki Kite at Linux Magazine:
My friend and colleague, Amber Graner, lost her home to a fire this week. Luckily, the family wasn’t in the house at the time and no one was injured. Pete and Amber were at UDS, the kids were with relatives, and the dog was rescued from the fire.
Even if you have home-owner’s insurance, the immediate expenses add up as you scramble to get some necessities, including clothing, toiletries, food, and new housing. The Graner family is well-known in the open source community, and many of their colleagues and friends have expressed a desire to help them get back on their feet. I created a page for anyone who would like to chip in to help the Graner Family get some clothes and other necessities: http://granerfamily.chipin.com/the-graner-family
Every little bit helps.
Amber helps with the Ubuntu Weekly News and writes the Ubuntu News (among other things) in Full Circle. If you can, please donate something to Amber’s Chip-In page. As Rikki said, every little helps.
The next issue of FCM will be released when the contributions to the Graner fund rise.
Please donate, either that or something ‘nasty’ may happen to the next issue!
After a low-key start, the boys have publicly declared the new Ubuntu Gamer site open for business.
You will know Ed Hewitt‘s work from Full Circle’s Ubuntu Games column and from the Full Circle Podcast, whilst Tommy Brun is himself a game developer.
So, why should you visit Ubuntu Gamer? Well, they have…
- The latest gaming news, videos and screenshots
- Game and hardware reviews
- Editorial pieces about gaming on Ubuntu, and more widely, Linux
- Downloads for free games
- The latest previews and beta testing of Ohso games
- Special offers and competitions for discounts on paid games
Lucky number 13! Issue 13 is out now.
- Flavor of the Month – Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron.
- How-To : Organize an Ubuntu Demo Day/Party, TV Feast for Ubuntu, Using GIMP Part 2, Create Your Own Server Part 5 and Automatic Backup via Email.
- My Opinion – What is Web 2.0?
- MOTU Interview – Luca Falavigna
- Letters, Q&A, MyDesktop, Top5 and more!
So here’s the plan:
- I post Ronnie’s idea and take all the credit for it
- You guys come up with a selection of free and open source online games that we could play.
- After a week or so, or after we have enough ideas, I’ll post again (on our forum) with a poll so we can vote for a game.
- Once we have decided on a game, we’ll find a
victimkind person to host a Full Circle tournament, then come up with some rules.
- We’ll set up a leaderboard, and we can compete for the title of “Full Circle Gamer of the Month” (or a better title if you can come up with one).
- The person that is leading at the time of the magazines release will be crowned with the monthly title we decide on.
- At the end of the year, the person that has won the most months will get “Full Circle Gamer of the Year”!
We may also rotate the game each month, or every couple of months, depending on how it goes. If we do this we’ll create a new poll so a new Game can be decided on.
Let the games BEGIN!
We’ve created a Google Calendar with upcoming Full Circle-related events (and a few Ubuntu-related ones, too). You can hop on over to http://www.fullcirclemagzine.org/calendar to take a look or add us if you have a Google account. All times will be in UTC, so you will need to add/take hours as necessary.
You can also read Full Circle online at: http://issuu.com/fullcirclemagazine
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.