In this issue, a review of Ubuntu 10.04, a new series on virtualization, and much, much more. Also, don’t forget to listen to the companion Full Circle Podcast for some good insight into the Ubuntu world.
- Command and Conquer.
- How-To : Program in Python – Part 12, a NEW SERIES: Virtualization, and Browser Blogging.
- Review – Ubuntu 10.04.
- Top 5 – Favourite Applications.
- plus: MOTU Interview, Ubuntu Games, My Opinion, My Story, and all the usual goodness!
Download issue #38 here!
Full Circle issue #37 is out with a review of Lubuntu, more programming in Python, talk about streaming media, and more. Don’t forget to listen to the latest episode of our companion podcast for the full FCM experience!
- Command and Conquer.
- How-To : Program in Python – Part 11, Adding Screenlets, and Streaming Media.
- Review – Lubuntu.
- MOTU Interview – Stefan Lesicnik.
- Top 5 – Tiling Window Managers.
- plus: Ubuntu Women, Ubuntu Games, My Opinion, My Story, and all the usual goodness!
Download it here!
OK, so it’s not an issue of Full Circle that’s in print, but an ad in a main stream magazine is! Behold:
That’s right folks, we have a full page ad in the latest issue of Ubuntu User magazine (issue #05, page 43)!
Ubuntu User is helping spread the word about FCM, so we’re helping spread the word about them, hence the banner at the top of the site.
Wow! I can’t believe it’s been three years. The release of issue 36 (and Lucid Lynx!) marks the 3rd anniversary of FCM. We’ve gone far from those first posts in the Ubuntu Forums and we have you — all of our supporters and readers — to thank for it. (Also, big props to our Full Circle Podcast hosts! If you haven’t go listen to the latest episode once you finish reading the magazine.) Here’s to many more years and issues!
- Some thoughts on year three of FCM.
- Command and Conquer.
- How To: Program in Python – Part 10, Retouching in GIMP – Part 3, and Use Google Effectively.
- Book Review – Automating Linux and Unix System Administration.
- MOTU Interview – Jo Shields.
- Top 5 – Scanning Applications.
- Plus: Ubuntu Women, Ubuntu Games, My Opinion, My Story, and all the usual goodness!
Download issue 36 here.
(Oh, and we’ve finally got that redesign up!)
Yes indeedy folks, here it is, Full Circle #28!
* Command and Conquer
* How-To : Program in Python – Part 2, LAMP Server – Part 1, Networking with SSHFS
and Fast Internet With Squid.
* My Story – My Linux Experience I and II.
* My Opinion – AllMyApps
* Review – Tellico.
* MOTU Interview – Stephane Graber.
* Top 5 – SIP Clients.
* Ubuntu Women Interview, Ubuntu Games and all the usual goodness!
This month, we’ve got some awesome stuff coming your way, including a copy of Beginning OpenOffice 3 up for grabs by one of you!
Stuff this month:
- Command and Conquer – Shell History.
- How To: Test Drive VirtualBox, Increase Game Speed In X, and Inkscape – Part 2.
- My Story – Why I Converted To Linux.
- My Opinion – First Experiences With Kubuntu
- Book Review – Beginning OpenOffice 3, one copy up for grabs!
- MOTU Interview – Guillaume Martres
- Top 5 – Games You’ve Never Heard Of.
- PLUS: all the usual goodness!
Get it now on the downloads page!
Thank you to all the people who are voting for us on Digg, but we need more votes. Within 24hrs, we’ve had nearly 2,000 downloads, but less than fifty Diggs, that means only one in forty is voting. It’s even less on Reddit and SlashDot! As I write this, Robert is in tears and threatening to do evil things to kittens and puppies.
The more votes we get on Digg/Reddit/Slashdot, the more exposure we can get for Full Circle magazine. The more exposure we get, the more new readers, and possibly converts, we get. So come on people, vote! VOTE!
So, no excuses, here’s the links:
Full Circle magazine – issue 24 : the uber-issue
Full Circle - the independent magazine for the Ubuntu Linux community are proud to announce the release of our twenty-fourth issue. This month: It's our birthday! ... and a redesign! *gasp!* * Command and Conquer - Cron. * How-To : Program in C - Part 8, Create a MAME Machine, and Spreading Ubuntu - Part 3 and Inkscape - Part 1. * My Story - Great-grandma Goes Shopping and Chinese Translations * Book Review - Ubuntu Unleashed, three copies up for grabs! * MOTU Interview - James Westby * Top 10 - Best of Top5, 2007-'09 * PLUS: all the usual goodness, doubled! http://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-24
That’s right folks, FCM#21 is finally here!
* Command and Conquer – Formatting Output. (shell script can be downloaded from this page)
* How-To : Program in C – Part 5, Web Development – Part 2, Changing Video Aspect Ratios & Ubuntu ISO to Bootable USB.
* My Story – Creative Zen V Plus in Ubuntu
* Game Review – Tribal Trouble 2
* My Opinion – Missed Opportunity
* MOTU Interview – Nicolas Valcarcel
* Top 5 – Torrent Tools
* PLUS – FCM#20 Survey Results
Get it while it’s hot!
Not only is FCM#18 our 100th file hosted on this server, but we’ve now had over ONE MILLION downloads of FCM! The one million figure includes all issues and all translations. And the total downloads figure is still rising…
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.