Wow! I can’t believe it’s been three years. The release of issue 36 (and Lucid Lynx!) marks the 3rd anniversary of FCM. We’ve gone far from those first posts in the Ubuntu Forums and we have you — all of our supporters and readers — to thank for it. (Also, big props to our Full Circle Podcast hosts! If you haven’t go listen to the latest episode once you finish reading the magazine.) Here’s to many more years and issues!
- Some thoughts on year three of FCM.
- Command and Conquer.
- How To: Program in Python – Part 10, Retouching in GIMP – Part 3, and Use Google Effectively.
- Book Review – Automating Linux and Unix System Administration.
- MOTU Interview – Jo Shields.
- Top 5 – Scanning Applications.
- Plus: Ubuntu Women, Ubuntu Games, My Opinion, My Story, and all the usual goodness!
Download issue 36 here.
(Oh, and we’ve finally got that redesign up!)
Yes indeedy folks, here it is, Full Circle #28!
* Command and Conquer
* How-To : Program in Python – Part 2, LAMP Server – Part 1, Networking with SSHFS
and Fast Internet With Squid.
* My Story – My Linux Experience I and II.
* My Opinion – AllMyApps
* Review – Tellico.
* MOTU Interview – Stephane Graber.
* Top 5 – SIP Clients.
* Ubuntu Women Interview, Ubuntu Games and all the usual goodness!
This month, we’ve got some awesome stuff coming your way, including a copy of Beginning OpenOffice 3 up for grabs by one of you!
Stuff this month:
- Command and Conquer – Shell History.
- How To: Test Drive VirtualBox, Increase Game Speed In X, and Inkscape – Part 2.
- My Story – Why I Converted To Linux.
- My Opinion – First Experiences With Kubuntu
- Book Review – Beginning OpenOffice 3, one copy up for grabs!
- MOTU Interview – Guillaume Martres
- Top 5 – Games You’ve Never Heard Of.
- PLUS: all the usual goodness!
Get it now on the downloads page!
Thank you to all the people who are voting for us on Digg, but we need more votes. Within 24hrs, we’ve had nearly 2,000 downloads, but less than fifty Diggs, that means only one in forty is voting. It’s even less on Reddit and SlashDot! As I write this, Robert is in tears and threatening to do evil things to kittens and puppies.
The more votes we get on Digg/Reddit/Slashdot, the more exposure we can get for Full Circle magazine. The more exposure we get, the more new readers, and possibly converts, we get. So come on people, vote! VOTE!
So, no excuses, here’s the links:
Full Circle magazine – issue 24 : the uber-issue
Full Circle - the independent magazine for the Ubuntu Linux community are proud to announce the release of our twenty-fourth issue. This month: It's our birthday! ... and a redesign! *gasp!* * Command and Conquer - Cron. * How-To : Program in C - Part 8, Create a MAME Machine, and Spreading Ubuntu - Part 3 and Inkscape - Part 1. * My Story - Great-grandma Goes Shopping and Chinese Translations * Book Review - Ubuntu Unleashed, three copies up for grabs! * MOTU Interview - James Westby * Top 10 - Best of Top5, 2007-'09 * PLUS: all the usual goodness, doubled! http://fullcirclemagazine.org/issue-24
That’s right folks, FCM#21 is finally here!
* Command and Conquer – Formatting Output. (shell script can be downloaded from this page)
* How-To : Program in C – Part 5, Web Development – Part 2, Changing Video Aspect Ratios & Ubuntu ISO to Bootable USB.
* My Story – Creative Zen V Plus in Ubuntu
* Game Review – Tribal Trouble 2
* My Opinion – Missed Opportunity
* MOTU Interview – Nicolas Valcarcel
* Top 5 – Torrent Tools
* PLUS – FCM#20 Survey Results
Get it while it’s hot!
Not only is FCM#18 our 100th file hosted on this server, but we’ve now had over ONE MILLION downloads of FCM! The one million figure includes all issues and all translations. And the total downloads figure is still rising…
Sorry about the delay!
* Command and Conquer – Package Management.
* How-To : Program in C – Part 2, Secure Network Drive
Using GIMP – Part 7 and Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex.
* My Story – Ubuntu And Me
* Review – Urban Terror
* My Opinion – How Many Distros Is Too Many?
* MOTU Interview – Stephan Hermann
* Top 5 – Mind Mapping Applications
Sorry, small typo in the Create Your Own Ubuntu article. The repository listed as:
deb http://www.remastersys.klikit-linux.com/repository/ remastersys/
should actually be:
deb http://www.remastersys.klikit-linux.com/repository remastersys/
- Command and Conquer – Creating And Moving Files.
- How-To: Create Your Own Ubuntu, Create Your Own Server Part 8, Using GIMP Part 5 and GNOME-Look Guide.
- My Story – Out With The New, In With The Old
- My Opinion – GNOME And KDE Themes
- MOTU Interview – Jamie Strandboge
- Top 5 – Twitter Clients
Many thanks and kudos to Robin Catling who put together this Full Circle Magazine HTML preview.
The HTML edition should work in all major browsers (Firefox/Gecko-based, Konqueror/WebKit-based) and will most likely work in IE7, but we aren’t making any guarantees.
The preview is of Issue 12, so come take a look!
- Systemd Creator Says Linux Community Is Rotten, Points at Linus Torvalds as the Source
- Amazon Web Services Aims for More Open Source Involvement
- VirtualBox 4.3.18 Has Been Released With Lots Of Fixes
- KDE Plasma 5 Now Available for Ubuntu 14.10 (Utopic Unicorn)
- Canonical Details Plans for Unity 8 Integration in Ubuntu Desktop
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.