Not only is FCM#18 our 100th file hosted on this server, but we’ve now had over ONE MILLION downloads of FCM! The one million figure includes all issues and all translations. And the total downloads figure is still rising…
Sorry about the delay!
* Command and Conquer – Package Management.
* How-To : Program in C – Part 2, Secure Network Drive
Using GIMP – Part 7 and Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex.
* My Story – Ubuntu And Me
* Review – Urban Terror
* My Opinion – How Many Distros Is Too Many?
* MOTU Interview – Stephan Hermann
* Top 5 – Mind Mapping Applications
Sorry, small typo in the Create Your Own Ubuntu article. The repository listed as:
deb http://www.remastersys.klikit-linux.com/repository/ remastersys/
should actually be:
deb http://www.remastersys.klikit-linux.com/repository remastersys/
- Command and Conquer – Creating And Moving Files.
- How-To: Create Your Own Ubuntu, Create Your Own Server Part 8, Using GIMP Part 5 and GNOME-Look Guide.
- My Story – Out With The New, In With The Old
- My Opinion – GNOME And KDE Themes
- MOTU Interview – Jamie Strandboge
- Top 5 – Twitter Clients
Many thanks and kudos to Robin Catling who put together this Full Circle Magazine HTML preview.
The HTML edition should work in all major browsers (Firefox/Gecko-based, Konqueror/WebKit-based) and will most likely work in IE7, but we aren’t making any guarantees.
The preview is of Issue 12, so come take a look!
Unfortunately, due to real life intervention, Matthew no longer has the time to devote to the Full Circle Podcast, so the podcast is now discontinued.
Things continue on, as ever, with the magazine and #13 is going through it’s second round of proof-reading, for release on Friday 30th May.
Also, Rob will be changing the look of the site soon with a nice, uncluttered, white theme.
We wish Matthew all the best with his real-life stuff.
As I always like to say: ‘real-life… it’s highly over-rated’
It’s time again! Issue #11 is out – one more until our 1 year anniversary.
- Linux Mint vs Ubuntu.
- How-To: TrueCrypt on Ubuntu, iPod Classic & Amarok, Introduction to LaTeX and more!
- Review of an old Lenovo 3000 C200 laptop running Ubuntu.
- Letters, Q & A, My Desktop, Top 5 and more!
So here’s the plan:
- I post Ronnie’s idea and take all the credit for it 😀
- You guys come up with a selection of free and open source online games that we could play.
- After a week or so, or after we have enough ideas, I’ll post again (on our forum) with a poll so we can vote for a game.
- Once we have decided on a game, we’ll find a
victimkind person to host a Full Circle tournament, then come up with some rules.
- We’ll set up a leaderboard, and we can compete for the title of “Full Circle Gamer of the Month” (or a better title if you can come up with one).
- The person that is leading at the time of the magazines release will be crowned with the monthly title we decide on.
- At the end of the year, the person that has won the most months will get “Full Circle Gamer of the Year”!
We may also rotate the game each month, or every couple of months, depending on how it goes. If we do this we’ll create a new poll so a new Game can be decided on.
Let the games BEGIN! 😀
Can you believe it? We’re already at our tenth issue! Thanks to all of our staff and contributors out there!
- Linux Mint Install.
- How-To : Compile from Source, Install and use TuxPaint, Rip a DVD with AcidRip and Create Your Own Server Part 2.
- Review of the ASUS EEE PC running Xubuntu.
- Letters, Q&A, My Desktop, Top 5 and more!
Get it while it’s hot!
It’s that special time again!
Full Circle Magazine – Issue 9 is out!
This month, we have:
- OpenGEU – A step-by-step install from OpenGEU creator Luca De Marini.
- How-tos: Directory Server, Ubuntu on an iBook, Installing OpenTTD (Transport Tycoon Deluxe), and part one of the new “Create Your Own Server” series.
- Review of the KDE 4.0 release
- Letters, the Q&A, My Desktop, the Ubuntu Women column, the Top 5, and much, much more!
Get it while it’s hot!
Full Circle – The Independent Ubuntu Community Magazine is proud to
announce the release of issue eight.
* Mythbuntu – Step-by-step Install
* How-To : Install Wubi, Get a Christmas Desktop, Multi Boot Linux and Learning Scribus Pt.8.
* Review of TomBoy.
* New Column for Ubuntu Women
* Letters, Q&A, My Desktop, Top 5 and more!
Get it while it’s hot!
- Ubuntu laptops available for pre-order with Ebuyer.com
- Unity 8 Won’t Be Very Different Visually from Unity 7
- How to Install Linux on a Windows Machine With UEFI Secure Boot
- 10 Years of Git: An Interview with Git Creator Linus Torvalds
- How open source software builds strong roots for better governance
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.