Forget About Razor-qt and LXDE, It’s Time to Embrace the Beautiful LXQt
The LXDE and Razor-qt teams are proud to announce LXQt 0.7.0, the first release of LXQt, the Qt Lightweight Desktop Environment. This beta release is considered a stable continuation of the Razor desktop.
By hardworking of the developers and dozens of contributors and translators, after almost one year since the Razor-qt and the LXDE-Qt project decided to merge, they proudly present the beta release of LXQt 0.7.0 and the new website for the LXQt project is available at http://lxqt.org/.
The existing LXDE users do not have to worried for time being because the GTK version of LXDE will still continue being maintained as long as there are developers still working on it even several developers have shifted their focus on LXQt. Packages of LXQt are already available for the following distributions Arch Linux through AUR, Ubuntu with daily builds PPA, Opensuse and Siduction.
Submitted by: Silviu Stahie
- Torvalds says he has no strong opinions on systemd
- Ubuntu Shopping Lens (Scopes) Declared Legal in the UK and Most Likely in the European Union
- elementary OS Freya Beta Is Out, Still the Most Beautiful OS in the World
- Screenshot Tool Shutter 0.92 Ditches Ubuntu One Support
- Russian Ministry of Health to Replace Microsoft and Oracle Products with Linux and PostgreSQL
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.