Ubuntu for Android is dead
The Ubuntu for Android project was launched in early 2012 with the aim to merge Android Mobile and Ubuntu Linux desktop. According to Canonical, the project has been shelved for now and is not under active development.
Ubuntu for Android was an innovative project which would allow Android Mobile users to dock their smartphones to desktop, and boot up Ubuntu Linux from the device making the setup a full fledged Ubuntu PC. The data would be stored on the smartphone and shared between both the operating systems.
- Systemd Creator Says Linux Community Is Rotten, Points at Linus Torvalds as the Source
- Amazon Web Services Aims for More Open Source Involvement
- VirtualBox 4.3.18 Has Been Released With Lots Of Fixes
- KDE Plasma 5 Now Available for Ubuntu 14.10 (Utopic Unicorn)
- Canonical Details Plans for Unity 8 Integration in Ubuntu Desktop
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.