Linux Foundation responds to Heartbleed with Core Infrastructure Initiative
The Core Infrastructure Initiative (CII) is the software industry’s response to the Heartbleed vulnerability. I read OpenSSL Foundation president Steve Marquess’s recent blog post before the announcement of the CII that explained that his foundation typically received a meager $2,000 per year in donations and maybe as much as a $1 million per year in support contracts. I really hope the half-million sites that use OpenSSL would get out their checkbooks and donate to pay for independent pen testing and code reviews.
- Stephen Hawking Talks About the Linux-Based Intel Connected Wheelchair Project
- Mozilla Thunderbird 31.1.1 Lands in Ubuntu
- Curl Exploits Closed in All Supported Ubuntu OSes
- Everything You Need to Know About Meizu MX4, the Upcoming Ubuntu Phone – Gallery
- Torvalds says he has no strong opinions on systemd
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.