Linux Foundation responds to Heartbleed with Core Infrastructure Initiative
The Core Infrastructure Initiative (CII) is the software industry’s response to the Heartbleed vulnerability. I read OpenSSL Foundation president Steve Marquess’s recent blog post before the announcement of the CII that explained that his foundation typically received a meager $2,000 per year in donations and maybe as much as a $1 million per year in support contracts. I really hope the half-million sites that use OpenSSL would get out their checkbooks and donate to pay for independent pen testing and code reviews.
- Year End Core Apps Hack Days Announced for Ubuntu Touch
- Elive OS Is a Unique Debian and Enlightenment Combination
- Opera 26 released. Install it on Linux Mint 17.1 and Ubuntu 14.10
- Major NVIDIA Stable Driver Released
- U.S. Marine Corps Wants to Change OS for Radar System from Windows XP to Linux
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.