Linux Foundation responds to Heartbleed with Core Infrastructure Initiative
The Core Infrastructure Initiative (CII) is the software industry’s response to the Heartbleed vulnerability. I read OpenSSL Foundation president Steve Marquess’s recent blog post before the announcement of the CII that explained that his foundation typically received a meager $2,000 per year in donations and maybe as much as a $1 million per year in support contracts. I really hope the half-million sites that use OpenSSL would get out their checkbooks and donate to pay for independent pen testing and code reviews.
- Ubuntu laptops available for pre-order with Ebuyer.com
- Unity 8 Won’t Be Very Different Visually from Unity 7
- How to Install Linux on a Windows Machine With UEFI Secure Boot
- 10 Years of Git: An Interview with Git Creator Linus Torvalds
- How open source software builds strong roots for better governance
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.