Linux Foundation responds to Heartbleed with Core Infrastructure Initiative
The Core Infrastructure Initiative (CII) is the software industry’s response to the Heartbleed vulnerability. I read OpenSSL Foundation president Steve Marquess’s recent blog post before the announcement of the CII that explained that his foundation typically received a meager $2,000 per year in donations and maybe as much as a $1 million per year in support contracts. I really hope the half-million sites that use OpenSSL would get out their checkbooks and donate to pay for independent pen testing and code reviews.
- Systemd Creator Says Linux Community Is Rotten, Points at Linus Torvalds as the Source
- Amazon Web Services Aims for More Open Source Involvement
- VirtualBox 4.3.18 Has Been Released With Lots Of Fixes
- KDE Plasma 5 Now Available for Ubuntu 14.10 (Utopic Unicorn)
- Canonical Details Plans for Unity 8 Integration in Ubuntu Desktop
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.