Full Circle Side-Pod Episode Eleven: The Tinman, the Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion
In this episode, six months to catch up and Ubuntu 12.04.
- OGG 23.6Mb
- mp3 24.3Mb
Running Time: 44minutes 41 seconds
Feeds for both MP3 and OGG:
RSS feed, MP3: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
RSS feed, OGG: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed/atom
The podcast is in MP3 and OGG formats. You can either play the podcast in-browser if you have Flash and/or Java, or you can download the podcast with the link underneath the player. Show notes after the jump.
Show notes after the jump.
- Robin Catling (blog at http://catlingmindswipe.blogspot.com/, @robincatling on Twitter)
Culture-vultures can also go to Everything Express at http://everythingexpress.wordpress.com/
- Dave Wilkins… put three people to sleep with his speech at the hustings (twitter @DavidAWilkins)
- Les Pounder (blog at http://lespounder.wordpress.com/ twitter @biglesp)
Additional audio by Victoria Pritchard
01:55 | WELCOME and INTRO
06:31 | SINCE LAST TIME
Dave: Became Vice President of the College Common room and writing a thesis on Latin poetry has taken up much time. The rest of it has gone into exploring various Google products, upgrading to Ubuntu 12.04, and getting a Galaxy Nexus S phone upgrade.
Les: Left the DWP for the harsh reality of the private sector, now sysadmin (‘dog’s body’) and IT mgr.
Assisted in lots of events including Hack to the future, Preston UK (300 kids learning to program) covered by the BBC and the Guardian, UCubed in Manchester, Blackpool LUG and various Hack Spaces.
Robin: Painting the house bit by bit. Appeared on local TV – BBC South Today, in a piece about Hillier Gardens and British Fencing at the Chelsea Flower Show. Doing a bit of sports coaching. Working with Ron Howard and Ralph Fiennes on movies Rush and The Invisible Woman
Upgraded to a ‘new’ phone, Samsung Galaxy S2 – contract ended on the Wildfire and thanks to the S3 for a price drop on the S2.
19:48 | REVIEW: Ubuntu 12.04
A mixed bag of in-place upgrades not working right, firmware issues, sound issues, power management issues and a decidedly rum do with reliability on the desktop.
35.47 | ANNOUNCEMENT: Changes to the Podcast
It’s all change! From next episode, Les and Blackpool LUG will be taking over the Full Circle Podcast as a regular, scheduled show!
Expect more roving reports, events, guests and some lively debate from the Northern quarter.
41:09 | FEEDBACK: How to get in touch with us
43:10 | WRAP and OUTRO
Comments: on this page, using the comment form, OR; Send us a comment to email@example.com.
You can also send us a comment by recording an audio clip of no more than 30 seconds and sending it to the same address.
Comments and audio may be edited for length. Please remember this is a family-friendly show.
Please note: this podcast is provided with absolutely no warranty whatsoever; neither the producers nor Full Circle Magazine accept any responsibility or liability for content or interaction which readers and listeners may enter into using external links gleaned from this forum or podcast series.
Creative Commons Music Tracks
* Opening: ‘Knights of the darkness’ by Zero Project
* Main theme: ‘CCMixter’ by Code
* Incidental: ‘Funkorama‘ by Kevin MacLeod
* Incidental: ‘Techno-dog’ by Unknown, original recording royalty free under Creative Commons v2
* Opening dramatic dialog by Dave Wilkins and Robin Catling, from 2001: A Space Odyssey
4 Comments + Add Comment
- Systemd Creator Says Linux Community Is Rotten, Points at Linus Torvalds as the Source
- Amazon Web Services Aims for More Open Source Involvement
- VirtualBox 4.3.18 Has Been Released With Lots Of Fixes
- KDE Plasma 5 Now Available for Ubuntu 14.10 (Utopic Unicorn)
- Canonical Details Plans for Unity 8 Integration in Ubuntu Desktop
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.