Full Circle Podcast Episode 28 A Year in Comedy
The Full Circle Podcast Episode 28: A Year in Comedy.
This episode contains fewer facts than usual.
It’s a New Year. It’s January. We’re on something of a break, so that can only mean a cheap, and frankly brain-numbingly lazy, listen back to the year 2011. This could be the best, or worst idea we’ve ever had.
Our thanks to all our co-hosts, guests, correspondents and contributors.
Select brain to ‘neutral’, put your laughing trousers on stand-by and enjoy.
Full Circle Podcast is also a proud member of the Tech Podcasts Network.
- OGG 16.9Mb
- MP3 12.5Mb
Runtime: 34mins 48seconds
Feeds for both MP3 and OGG:
RSS feed, MP3: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
RSS feed, OGG: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed/atom
The podcast is in MP3 and OGG formats. You can either play the podcast in-browser if you have Flash and/or Java, or you can download the podcast with the link underneath the player.
Show notes after the jump.
- Robin Catling (blog at http://catlingmindswipe.blogspot.com/, @robincatling on Twitter)
Culture-vultures can also go to Everything Express at http://everythingexpress.wordpress.com/
- Ed Hewitt (blog at http://www.edhewitt.co.uk/, @edhewitt on Twitter)
- Dave Wilkins… has a ‘portfolio’ of accents. Really. (twitter @DavidAWilkins)
- Les Pounder (blog at http://lespounder.wordpress.com/ twitter @biglesp)
- Alan Pope (blog at http://popey.com/blog/, twitter @popey)
Additional audio by Victoria Pritchard and Philippa Hammond
00:51 | WELCOME and INTRO:
26:21 | FEEDBACK
- Please send us some using the channels below!
34:02 | OUTRO AND WRAP
Comments: on this page, using the comment form, OR;
Send us a comment to email@example.com.
You can also send us a comment by recording an audio clip and sending it to the same address. Comments and audio may be edited for length. Please remember this is a family-friendly show.
Please note: this podcast is provided with absolutely no warranty whatsoever; neither the producers nor Full Circle Magazine accept any responsibility or liability for content or interaction which readers and listeners may enter into using external links gleaned from this web-site, forum or podcast series.
Creative Commons Music Tracks
- Opening: ‘Achilles’ by Kevin Macleod
- Main Theme: ‘Revolve’ by His Boy Elroy
- Incidental: ‘Dance Zone’ by Unknown
- Incidental: ‘On the Run’ by Unknown
- Incidental: ‘Iron Man’ by Unknown
- Trailer: ‘Dangerous’ by Kevin Macleod
- Trailer: ‘News Theme’ by Kevin Macleod from the Album ‘Utility’
- Trailer: ‘Truth of the Legend’ by Kevin Macleod
- Incidental: ‘Guitar Opus’ by Peter John Ross
- Midi version of Benny Hill TV theme based on “Yakety Sax” by Boots Randolph.
- The Nolans ‘I’m in the mood for dancing’ (copyright Epic Records 1979)
- Opening dramatic dialog by Dave Wilkins and Robin Catling, from 2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke,
adapted by Stanley Kubrick and Arthur C. Clark
- Other dialogue, sketches and commentaries written by Robin Catling, copyright Short Life Productions, 2012
- All original content licensed Creative Commons SA V3.0
4 Comments + Add Comment
- Amazon Web Services Aims for More Open Source Involvement
- VirtualBox 4.3.18 Has Been Released With Lots Of Fixes
- KDE Plasma 5 Now Available for Ubuntu 14.10 (Utopic Unicorn)
- Canonical Details Plans for Unity 8 Integration in Ubuntu Desktop
- Stephen Hawking Talks About the Linux-Based Intel Connected Wheelchair Project
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.