Full Circle Podcast Episode 22: Mad Max Meets Ben Hur
Full Circle Podcast Episode 22, Mad Max Meets Ben Hur
In this episode, all things Chrome
Full Circle Podcast is also a proud member of the Tech Podcasts Network.
Feeds for both MP3 and OGG:
RSS feed, MP3: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
RSS feed, OGG: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed/atom
The podcast is in MP3 and OGG formats. You can either play the podcast in-browser if you have Flash and/or Java, or you can download the podcast with the link underneath the player.
Show notes after the jump.
- Robin Catling (blog at http://catlingmindswipe.blogspot.com/, @robincatling on Twitter)
- Ed Hewitt (blog at http://www.edhewitt.co.uk/, @edhewitt on Twitter)
- Dave Wilkins (…had to go cook the dinner. @davidawilkins on Twitter)
Additional audio by Victoria Pritchard
01:42 | WELCOME and INTRO
02:32 | SINCE LAST TIME
- Ed: moved house, started work as IT Administrations New Hope and bought a Chromebook
- Dave: graduated university and went on military exercises
- Produced Sidepod 9 with Les Pounder – many thanks to Les for the field reports
- Wrote 2 articles on digital watermarking for the magazine
- Events and exhibits
- National Portrait Gallery, Hollywood photos “Glamour of the Gods”, reviewed at Everything Express
- BP Portrait awards, winners and finalists, reviewed at Everything Express
- Charity book launch, “Cheshire the Cheese-loving Bear” by John Henty and illustrated by Alex Noel Watson in aid of the Royal Marsden Hospital, coverage at Everything Express
- Installed Mint 11
06:58 | REVIEW: Full Circle Magazine Issue #49
- Dave: Ed’s game review of Trine, p.37
- Ed: Ronnie’s KDE 4.6 article, p.20 and Robin’s Gnome Shell vs Unity, p.24
- Robin: Daniel Holbach’s continuing series on Ubuntu development, p.17
012:33 | NEWS
- Chrome to replace Firefox as default? (as hinted by Mark Shuttleworth)
- Synaptic Finally Gone! (cue Albinoni Adagio in G Minor)
- Adobe Air gone from Linux! (why did I need it in the first place?)
- Ubuntu One File Android App finally available!
- Modal Dialogs appear in Ubuntu 11.10 (Alpha)
- Ubuntu 11.10 Alpha 2 released
- Ubuntu 11.10 uses Thunderbird 5 as Default Mail Client
- Linux 3.0 kernel released
- Radical change to Gwibber in 11.10. New theme, dropped Webkit for GTK3.0; better RAM usage, still needs push notification
- UDS 11.10 goes back to Florida
- Me Menu dropped in 11.10
- Dark Toolbars coming to Ubuntu 11.10 theme
36:19 | CONTRIBUTE
58:04 | Send us feedback: since Victoria continues to ask so nicely
58:38 | OUTRO AND WRAP
Comments: on this page, using the comment form, OR;
Send us a comment to email@example.com.
You can also send us a comment by recording an audio clip and sending it to the same address. Comments and audio may be edited for length. Please remember this is a family-friendly show.
Please note: this podcast is provided with absolutely no warranty whatsoever; neither the producers nor Full Circle Magazine accept any responsibility or liability for content or interaction which readers and listeners may enter into using external links gleaned from this forum or podcast series.
Creative Commons Music Tracks
- Opening: ‘Achilles’ by Kevin Macleod
- Main Theme: ‘Revolve’ by His Boy Elroy
- Incidental: ‘Dance Zone’ by Unknown
- Incidental: ‘On the Run’ by Unknown
- Incidental: ‘Iron Man’ by Unknown
- OGG 29.5Mb
- MP3 21.5Mb
Runtime: 101 mins 33 seconds
You can also read Full Circle online at: http://issuu.com/fullcirclemagazine
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.