Full Circle Podcast Episode 17: Why Would They Do That?
Full Circle Podcast Episode #17: Why Would They Do That?
In this episode: U-Cubed and lots of news!
Full Circle Podcast is also a proud member of the Tech Podcasts Network.
Feeds for both MP3 and OGG:
RSS feed, MP3: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
RSS feed, OGG: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed/atom
The podcast is in MP3 and OGG formats. You can either play the podcast in-browser if you have Flash and/or Java, or you can download the podcast with the link underneath the player. Show notes after the jump. Your Hosts:
- Robin Catling (blog at http://catlingmindswipe.blogspot.com/, @robincatling on Twitter)
- Ed Hewitt (blog at http://www.edhewitt.co.uk/, @edhewitt on Twitter)
- Dave Wilkins… still has his spinny cube
- Jon Spriggs
- Les Pounder
Additional audio by Victoria Pritchard Show Notes 01:01 | WELCOME and INTRO 01:51 | THE U-CUBED EVENT… organised by Les and Jon.
- When: Sat. April 2nd, 10.00am.
- Where: Mad-Lab, Manchester, UK .
- Cost: Free, tickets via the web-site.
- Info: ucubed.info.
9:17 | DAVE WILKINS ARRIVES… 10:27 | SINCE LAST TIME…
- Dave – Acquired an Asus EEE-pc 1001-HA 160Gb, £150. Now looking at Ubuntu Netbook Remix (but which version?). Switched to Chromium browser.
- Ed – Gone ‘back’ to Firefox 4 Beta. Acquired a new Mac-ish keyboard, Amazon, £15.
- Robin – Broke Natty Alpha-2.
- Jon – working/tidying up on cchits.net
18:50 | REVIEW ISSUE #46 of Full Circle Magazine
- Dave, Les – Mythbuntu set-up on pg.15
- Ed – File-systems on pg.20
- Robin – Libre Office on pg.12
- Dave – Review of Boxee Box on pg. 24, game review of Braid pg.29
24:47 | NEWS Stories this episode…
- Ubuntu 11.10 is named… Oneiric Ocelot
- Release of Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha 2
- Improvements in Ubuntu 11.04 Natty, Software Center
- Sound Menu has Playlists support
- File and Application places land in Ubuntu 11.04
- Ubuntu Chinese version available
- Improvements to Unity: – Unity Launcher understands file types - The Launcher API is now available - Unity gets workspaces - Other new additions this cycle
- Flash 10.2 is out (please yourselves – RC)
- Canonical launches list of ubuntu compatible components
- Changes to the Natty Release Schedule, should we be worried???
- Ubuntu One Notifications! Finally!
- Empathy improves audio calls in Natty.
- Ubuntu One Music Store in Banshee in Natty complete with a row over funding of Gnome Foundation from on-line music purchases now going to Canonical.
- Ubuntu 10.04.2 released Updates to Software Center including ratings.
- Banshee vs. Ubuntu Linux on Revenue sharing. Follow up, agreement reached
- LibreOffice integrated into Unity
- Faster Help browser in Natty!
- Changes to Date/Time Indicator
- Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha 3 is available
- Yet another OSX feature – New scroll bars
- Sound Menu adds Microphone slider!
- Natty Icon changes
- New Ubuntu One icon and features
- Ubuntu edition changes – drops Netbook Edition as a separate entity
- Ubuntu Natty using Control Centre
- Ubuntu Natty goes borderless
1.01:54 | CONTRIBUTE 1.02:26 | OPINION Upcoming topics: – Kubuntu – Cloud Computing – Podcasting! 1.04:59 | GAMING
- Vendetta On-line review to come in FCM#47. Heads up on the shooter Assault Cube.
1.05:46 | FEEDBACK: Your comments and emails 1.14:04 | Send us feedback: since Victoria continues to ask so nicely 1.16:38 | OUTRO AND WRAP Comments: on this page, using the comment form, OR; Send us a comment to email@example.com. You can also send us a comment by recording an audio clip of no more than 30 seconds and sending it to the same address. Comments and audio may be edited for length. Please remember this is a family-friendly show. Please note: this podcast is provided with absolutely no warranty whatsoever; neither the producers nor Full Circle Magazine accept any responsibility or liability for content or interaction which readers and listeners may enter into using external links gleaned from this forum or podcast series. Creative Commons Music Tracks
- Opening: ‘Achilles’ by Kevin Macleod
- Main Theme: ‘Revolve’ by His Boy Elroy
- Incidental: ‘Dance Zone’ by Unknown
- Incidental: ‘On the Run’ by Unknown
- Incidental: ‘Iron Man’ by Unknown
File Sizes: OGG 41.3Mb mp3 32.9Mb Runtime: 1 hr 17min 26seconds
2 Comments + Add Comment
- Ubuntu Shopping Lens (Scopes) Declared Legal in the UK and Most Likely in the European Union
- elementary OS Freya Beta Is Out, Still the Most Beautiful OS in the World
- Screenshot Tool Shutter 0.92 Ditches Ubuntu One Support
- Russian Ministry of Health to Replace Microsoft and Oracle Products with Linux and PostgreSQL
- GUN Linux: On the range with TrackingPoint’s new AR-15s
You can also read Full Circle online at: http://issuu.com/fullcirclemagazine
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.