Full Circle Podcast 16: Its probably plugged into a tree
Full Circle Podcast #16: Its probably plugged into a tree
In this VERY late and LONG DELAYED episode (blame Catling), Firefox versus Chrome-Ium.
Full Circle Podcast is also a proud member of the Tech Podcasts Network.
Feeds for both MP3 and OGG:
RSS feed, MP3: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
RSS feed, OGG: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed/atom
The podcast is in MP3 and OGG formats. You can either play the podcast in-browser if you have Flash and/or Java, or you can download the podcast with the link underneath the player.
Show notes after the jump.
- Robin Catling (blog at http://catlingmindswipe.blogspot.com/)
- Ed Hewitt (blog at http://www.edhewitt.co.uk/)
- Dave Wilkins … has walls made of butter
Additional audio by Victoria Pritchard
0:52 | WELCOME and INTRO
1:43 | SINCE LAST TIME…
- Dave – Tried the Picassa Linux client, which is very WINE-ey. Went to Opera. The musical performance, not the browser.
- Ed – Left Facebook, appeared briefly on Google Latitude. Installed Windows XP on his netbook. Hmm.
- Robin – Tweeting, updating the Natty 11.04 Alpha and got a bastardised Unity-Gnome panel desktop like Jeff Goldblum in “The Fly”. Installed DropBox. Got in touch with Hacker Public Radio.
16:51 | Opinion Firefox versus Chrome (-ium): what are we using, which is better?
33:24 | Opinion Gtalk and Text Editors.
35:48 | Contribute
36:20 | Review Pre-review of Amazon Kindle.
41:01 | Send us feedback: since Victoria continues to ask so nicely.
39:28 | Outro and Wrap
Comments: on this page, using the comment form, OR;
Send us a comment to email@example.com.
You can also send us a comment by recording an audio clip of no more than 30 seconds and sending it to the same address. Comments and audio may be edited for length. Please remember this is a family-friendly show.
Please note: this podcast is provided with absolutely no warranty whatsoever; neither the producers nor Full Circle Magazine accept any responsibility or liability for content or interaction which readers and listeners may enter into using external links gleaned from this forum or podcast series.
Creative Commons Music Tracks
- Opening: ‘Achilles’ by Kevin Macleod
- Main Theme: ‘Revolve’ by His Boy Elroy
- Incidental: ‘Dance Zone’ by Unknown
- Incidental: ‘On the Run’ by Unknown
- Incidental: ‘Iron Man’ by Unknown
Runtime: 41min 22seconds
3 Comments + Add Comment
- Ubuntu Touch Music App Is Proof That Total Ubuntu Convergence Is Getting Closer – Gallery
- Canonical Drops Ubuntu 14.10 Dedicated Images for Apple Hardware
- Dropbox 2.11.34 Experimental Features a Rewritten UI for Linux Client
- Mozilla Releases ‘Firefox Developer Edition’ for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Ubuntu Online Summit for Ubuntu 15.04 (Vivid Vervet)
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.