Full Circle Podcast 14: NFC – Nantucket Fried Chicken
Full Circle Podcast #14: NFC: Nantucket Fried Chicken
In this episode, Narwhals, Wayland and… I almost forgot, Amnesia
Full Circle Podcast is also a proud member of the Tech Podcasts Network.
Feeds for both MP3 and OGG:
RSS feed, MP3: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
RSS feed, OGG: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed/atom
The podcast is in MP3 and OGG formats. You can either play the podcast in-browser if you have Flash and/or Java, or you can download the podcast with the link underneath the player.
Show notes after the jump.
- Robin Catling (blog at http://catlingmindswipe.blogspot.com/)
- Ed Hewitt (blog at http://www.edhewitt.co.uk/)
- Dave Wilkins …his legs have gone numb.
Additional audio by Victoria Pritchard
01:55 | WELCOME and INTRO
2:58 | SINCE LAST TIME…
- Dave – Failing to test Banshee, playing with Shotwell, Simple Scan is his new scanner app, with better printer compatibility. Playing Amnesia, Penumbra
- Robin – working, travelling, relying on the HTC Wildfire for SMS, email, maps and my alarm clock! Playing with Kubuntu on the Compaq – and it’s fast!! Intalling 11.04 Natty Narwhall. Aarrrgghhh!!!!
- Ed got UbuntuOne working. Switched to Google Chrome
12:26 | Review Issue #43 of Full Circle Magazine
- Dave – Games review of And Yet it Moves, My Desktops
- Ed – the Conky review
- RC – Top 5 Backup ideas (list look familiar?). P4: fridge runs Linux!
17:42 | News
- Ubuntu 11.04 Alpha 1 is out (and Unity isn’t working on nVidia cards!)
- Ubuntu to use Wayland compositing display manager and not Xorg (but not til 2012)
- Remmina adopted as Ubuntu’s new remote desktop app
- Outlining Changes in Ubuntu 11.04, from Ubuntu Developers Summit (UDS)
- Paper Cuts Project for Ubuntu 11.04 has started
- Fee-paying Games in Ubuntu Software Centre!!!!!
- Adobe Flash 10.2 Beta is out! (yawn)
- Ubuntu Light iso available! as a recovery ISO from Dell (but only loads if it passes compatibility check)
- Ubuntu One integration into Shotwell and Photos Mobile App
- Linux Kernel loads faster at multi-tasking thanks to 200 lines of kernel patch
- System 76 shipping to the UK! (buy a notebook, do it yourself!)
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread announced alongside Nexus S smartphone
The Nexus S trailer video – clever, quirky iPhone style ad – features French rock-n-roll. It’ll never catch on.
It’s a Samsung device – not a Google phone – featuring NFC – Near Field Communication
52:35 | Contribute
53:02 | Gaming
- Humble Indie Bundle #2 takes $500k on release
- Amnesia scares Dave witless (with a nod to other horror genre games such as Penumbra et al.)
1.07:12 | Feedback: Your comments and emails
1.16:31 | Send us feedback: since Victoria continues to ask so nicely
1.17:10 | Outro and Wrap
Comments: on this page, using the comment form, OR;
Send us a comment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also send us a comment by recording an audio clip of no more than 30 seconds and sending it to the same address. Comments and audio may be edited for length. Please remember this is a family-friendly show.
Please note: this podcast is provided with absolutely no warranty whatsoever; neither the producers nor Full Circle Magazine accept any responsibility or liability for content or interaction which readers and listeners may enter into using external links gleaned from this forum or podcast series.
Creative Commons Music Tracks
- Opening: ‘Achilles’ by Kevin Macleod
- Main Theme: ‘Revolve’ by His Boy Elroy
- Incidental: ‘Dance Zone’ by Unknown
- Incidental: ‘On the Run’ by Unknown
- Incidental: ‘Guitar Opus’ by Peter John Ross
Runtime: 1 hr 18min 58seconds
4 Comments + Add Comment
- Torvalds says he has no strong opinions on systemd
- Ubuntu Shopping Lens (Scopes) Declared Legal in the UK and Most Likely in the European Union
- elementary OS Freya Beta Is Out, Still the Most Beautiful OS in the World
- Screenshot Tool Shutter 0.92 Ditches Ubuntu One Support
- Russian Ministry of Health to Replace Microsoft and Oracle Products with Linux and PostgreSQL
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.