Full Circle Side-pod #5: It’s only a trademark
Full Circle Side-pod Episode #5: It’s only a trademark
In this episode, Linux Mint Debian Edition and the Open Learning Center.
Full Circle Podcast is also a proud member of the Tech Podcasts Network.
This is an extra, irregular, short-form podcast, which is intended to be a side-branch of the main Full Circle Podcast. Somewhere to put all the general technology, non-Ubuntu news and opinions, hobby-horses and kruft that doesn’t fit anywhere else. Be prepared for a healthy dose of British sarcasm.
News: Back-to-Mac announcements include something called Launchpad… which happens to be a Canonical Trademark.
Interview: Alan Lord of the Open Learning Centre
Review: Linux Mint Debian Edition
Feeds for both MP3 and OGG:
RSS feed, MP3: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
RSS feed, OGG: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed/atom
The podcast is in MP3 and OGG formats. You can either play the podcast in-browser if you have Flash and/or Java, or you can download the podcast with the link underneath the player. Show notes after the jump.
- Robin Catling (blog at http://catlingmindswipe.blogspot.com/)
- Ed Hewitt (blog at http://www.edhewitt.co.uk/)
Additional audio by Victoria Pritchard
1:03 | WELCOME and INTRO
2:05 | NEWS:
- Apple’s Back-to-Mac announcements for Mac OS-X Lion include something called Launchpad… which happens to be a Canonical Trademark.
9:42 | INTERVIEW: Alan Lord of the Open Learning Centre
- The Open Learning Centre was founded in 2006 by Alan Lord and Alan Bell. The business is all about helping organisations to benefit from Open Source Software, providing various services from consulting, to training, to support services. As well as helping businesses use OSS in the traditional sense, they also help companies that want to create and market products that use Open Source Software.
- Find the Open Learning Centre at http://www.theopenlearningcentre.com/
- Alan Lord blogs as the Open Sourcerer
26:19 | REVIEW: Linux Mint Debian Edition
Stepping upstream from Ubuntu to Debian Testing, we trial the experimental branch of Linux Mint Debian Edition.
- Linux Mint Debian Edition (LMDE) is a rolling distribution based on Debian Testing.
- At the moment, it comes as a 32-bit live DVD with a Gnome desktop.
- The purpose of LMDE is to look identical to the main edition and to provide the same functionality while using Debian as a base.
48:24 | FEEDBACK: How to get in touch with us
49:03 | WRAP and OUTRO
Comments: on this page, using the comment form, OR; Send us a comment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also send us a comment by recording an audio clip of no more than 30 seconds and sending it to the same address.
Comments and audio may be edited for length. Please remember this is a family-friendly show.
Please note: this podcast is provided with absolutely no warranty whatsoever; neither the producers nor Full Circle Magazine accept any responsibility or liability for content or interaction which readers and listeners may enter into using external links gleaned from this forum or podcast series.
Creative Commons Music Tracks
- Opening: ‘Knights of the darkness’ by Zero Project
- Main theme: ‘CCMixter’ by Code
- Incidental: ‘Funkorama‘ by Kevin MacLeod
- Incidental: ‘Techno-dog’ by Unknown, original recording royalty free under Creative Commons v2.
Running Time: 50minutes 9seconds
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.