Full Circle Side-Pod #1: Hello World… Where Am I?
Full Circle Side-Pod #1: Hello World… Where Am I? (feed updated)
This is an extra, irregular, short-form podcast, which is intended to be a side-branch of the main Full Circle Podcast. Somewhere to put all the general technology, non-Ubuntu news and opinions, hobby-horses and general kipple that doesn’t fit anywhere else. Be prepared for a healthy dose of British sarcasm.
News: Google-TV, Android 2.2 Froyo, WebM
Opinion: Get Real, It’s in the Patent Pledge Small Print
Expert Spot: Recording the Full Circle Podcast pt. 1: Preparation
Full Circle Podcast is also a proud member of the Tech Podcasts Network.
Feeds for both MP3 and OGG:
RSS feed, MP3: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
RSS feed, OGG: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed/atom
The podcast is in MP3 and OGG formats. You can either play the podcast in-browser if you have Flash and/or Java, or you can download the podcast with the link underneath the player.
Show notes after the jump.
- Robin Catling (blog at http://catlingmindswipe.blogspot.com/)
Additional audio by Victoria Pritchard and Jennifer
1.04 | WELCOME and INTRO
1.56 | NEWS: Google I/O Announcements
Full announcements on the YouTube Google I/O Channel.
At last week’s Google I/O developers conference, we tried not to explode with excitement at the following announcements:
- Chrome Web Store up, but empty.
- WebM, Google’s Open Video Format for HTML5, with overview.
- Google Wave is now open to everyone.
- Google Wave for Apps and New APIs.
- Google Storage for Developers.
- Google Buzz API released.
- Android 2.2 Froyo Is Lightning Fast.
- Google TV Set to Conquer the Living Room (no, really…).
- HTC Evo, the not-yet-released 4G WiMax phone.
12.58 | IT’S JUST AN OPINION: Get Real – It’s in the Patent Pledge Small Print
Alternate story source with the IBM rebuttal.
My blog-post on why the whining is pointless and has to stop.
16.07 | EXPERT SPOT: Editing the Full Circle Podcast
- Part 1: Preparation
18.33 | FEEDBACK: How to get in touch with us
19.14 | WRAP and OUTRO
Comments: on this page, using the comment form, OR;
Send us a comment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also send us a comment by recording an audio clip of no more than 30 seconds and sending it to the same address. Comments and audio may be edited for length. Please remember this is a family-friendly show.
Please note: this podcast is provided with absolutely no warranty whatsoever; neither the producers nor Full Circle Magazine accept any responsibility or liability for content or interaction which readers and listeners may enter into using external links gleaned from this forum or podcast series.
Creative Commons Music Tracks
- Opening: ‘Knights of the darkness’ by Zero Project
- Main theme: ‘CCMixter’ by Code
- Incidental: ‘Funkorama‘ by Kevin MacLeod
- Incidental: ‘Techno-dog’ by Unknown, original recording royalty free under Creative Commons v2.
Runtime: 20 minutes 12 seconds
15 Comments + Add Comment
- Ubuntu Shopping Lens (Scopes) Declared Legal in the UK and Most Likely in the European Union
- elementary OS Freya Beta Is Out, Still the Most Beautiful OS in the World
- Screenshot Tool Shutter 0.92 Ditches Ubuntu One Support
- Russian Ministry of Health to Replace Microsoft and Oracle Products with Linux and PostgreSQL
- GUN Linux: On the range with TrackingPoint’s new AR-15s
You can also read Full Circle online at: http://issuu.com/fullcirclemagazine
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.