Full Circle Podcast 3: Hail The Mental Mongoose!
Full Circle Podcast #3: Hail the Mental Mongoose!
The podcast is in MP3 and OGG formats. You can either play the podcast in-browser if you have Flash and/or Java, or you can download the podcast with the link underneath the player.
Runtime: 58 minutes 52 seconds
Robin Catling (blog at http://catlingmindswipe.blogspot.com/)
Ed Hewitt (blog at http://www.edhewitt.co.uk/)
Additional audio by Victoria Pritchard and Philippa Hammond
And we have the feeds for both MP3 and OGG:
RSS feed, MP3: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed
RSS feed, OGG: http://fullcirclemagazine.org/category/podcast/feed/atom
02.02 | Welcome and Intro
| Since last Episode…
09.28| MadJam Promotional Trailer
The Ubuntu Global Jam is an incredible opportunity for the Ubuntu community to unite around the weekend of the 26th to the 28th of March 2010, to work together to improve Ubuntu.
This year, for Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx, Manchester is throwing its own Ubuntu Jam in Manchester city centre, at Manchester Digital Laboratory, better known as MadLab! This event will be taking place both Saturday the 27th March, and Sunday the 28th March between 10am and 4pm.
For bugs, testing, upgrading, documentation, packaing and translations,
go see the event listing at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UKTeam/ManchesterJam10-04
10.36 | Preview of Full Circle Issue #35
From about 26th March: www.fullcirclemagazine.org
* New Live CD Startup (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/03/ubuntu-1004-live-cd-installer-gets.html)
* Software Center has a new UI and Support for Paid Software (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/03/preview-new-installation-slides-for.html)
* New Install slides (http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/03/preview-new-installation-slides-for.html)
* Light Themes:
Radiance and Ambient available for Lucid and Karmic
Wallpaper from Gnome-look
Ambience theme for Google Chrome
* Quick web-find (after OMGUbuntu): UbuntuHQ (http://www.ubuntuhq.com/)
21.22 | Trailer
23.08 | Opinion: The Linux Tech Survey
a Linux Survey, which quite a few of “youtubers” are answering. Posted by Waqar M, alias “knowmorecomp” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqoEHgITqQw)
Questions are in the Ubuntu Forums, Full Circle thread:
40.00 | GAMING
Dave: Dragon Age: Origins
WineHQ – AppDB: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10457
Wine Tricks: http://wiki.winehq.org/winetricks
48.31 | OGG-Camp Promotional Trailer
OggCamp is a free software / free culture unconference organised by the presenters of the Ubuntu UK Podcast and Linux Outlaws. This year’s OggCamp will take place at The Black-E in Liverpool on the 1st and 2nd of May: http://oggcamp.org/
49.41 | FEEDBACK
Comments on this page, using the comment form, OR;
Send us a comment to email@example.com.
You can also send us a comment by recording an audio clip of no more than 30 seconds and sending it to the same address.
Comments and audio may be edited for length.
Please remember this is a family-friendly show.
Creative Commons Music Tracks
- Opening: ‘Achilles’ by Kevin Macleod
- Main Theme: ‘Revolve’ by His Boy Elroy
- Incidental: ‘Dance Zone’ by Unknown
- Incidental: ‘On the Run’ by Unknown
- Incidental: ‘Iron Man’ by Unknown
- Trailer: Star Trek theme by Jerry Goldsmith, performed by Gordon Hudson, reproduced under fair use.
10 Comments + Add Comment
- Ubuntu Shopping Lens (Scopes) Declared Legal in the UK and Most Likely in the European Union
- elementary OS Freya Beta Is Out, Still the Most Beautiful OS in the World
- Screenshot Tool Shutter 0.92 Ditches Ubuntu One Support
- Russian Ministry of Health to Replace Microsoft and Oracle Products with Linux and PostgreSQL
- GUN Linux: On the range with TrackingPoint’s new AR-15s
You can also read Full Circle online at: http://issuu.com/fullcirclemagazine
Go on Flattr us
All donations go to buying you folks some awesome competition prizes.
You can subscribe to get an email update every time a new issue of the magazine comes out.
Full Circle is a free, independent, monthly magazine dedicated to the Ubuntu family of Linux operating systems. Each month, it contains helpful how-to articles and reader submitted stories.
Full Circle also features a companion podcast, the Full Circle Podcast, which covers the magazine along with other news of interest.